Replacement for SLX shifter

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

Replacement for SLX shifter

Post by frogatthefarriers »

The shifter's just broken on my fs trail centre bike. It's a 9x3 SLX front shifter, 9 years old. I don't use the bike much - hardly ever - so don't want to spend too much on it. That, and I can't seem to find a like-for-like replacement. So what else will do the job? Anything I should avoid?

Ta :-bd
Last edited by frogatthefarriers on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
redefined_cycles

Re: Replacement for SLX shifter

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just get another... Or maybe a little upgrade to some xt or xtr of yesteryear as you should be able to grab at a bargain now thats they're almost obsolete (I would imagine)...
frogatthefarriers

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:38 pm Just get another... Or maybe a little upgrade to some xt or xtr of yesteryear as you should be able to grab at a bargain now thats they're almost obsolete (I would imagine)...
So will any Shimano 3 speed shifter work?
gallowayboy

Post by gallowayboy »

I've got one here that is surplus to requirements - SL-M670 model slx front shifter, two or three speed. If you want it for postage PM me...
frogatthefarriers

gallowayboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:44 pm I've got one here that is surplus to requirements - SL-M670 model slx front shifter, two or three speed. If you want it for postage PM me...
Wow! That's a good offer :-bd PM sent
gallowayboy

Post by gallowayboy »

I await your pm...they seem to take a while to get through sometimes. Just for info, its a non I-Spec model, so it has its own bar clamp and doesn't bolt to I-Spec brake levers. It should be fine for any Shimano three by set up.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:41 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:38 pm Just get another... Or maybe a little upgrade to some xt or xtr of yesteryear as you should be able to grab at a bargain now thats they're almost obsolete (I would imagine)...
So will any Shimano 3 speed shifter work?
Yyp... so long as its shimano