Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: What's the weekend got in store?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Successful weekend despite injuries.

Workshop sorted - tick
Yard weeded - tick
Wood cut - no but I did make some sawdust. :wink:
BB200 recon - tick and a nice wave to Ms Atherton as she was going out doing her shopping.

Hope everyone had a good un.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

It's good to have the boy home after a month away so plenty of catch up time But I managed to talk myself into a new shelter so I'm a few quid lighter :???:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sounds like an inadvertent BB200 route clue there Stu :wink: . A quick diversion round the Athertons training centre perchance, that'd be an amusing sight :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

grmtylr wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm Stuck at work all weekend and the weather looks perfect :sad:

I’m planning on heading out for an overnighter on Monday but can’t decide whether to head north to the Ridgeway/Ivinghoe area or south to the SDW. It’s 50:50 on distance so might have to flip a coin to decide.
Same .........Days Sat/Sun Nights Mon/Tues, have a great weekend people. I'll have my weekend in the week :lol:
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

August BAM in progress. 100 ml Famous Grouse gone. A good nights sleep expected
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Didn’t get over to your valley in the end Stu :-(.... wrong bikes
But painted a few walls and finished planting a bed followed by:
A packraft trip on the Dywryd, fish and chips in Mach, a nice B&B, Dyfi gin distillery, a fat bike beach ride and mellow surf kayak session with a pint on the way home in the sunset at Penmaenpool. Late back to miss the bank holiday traffic. A very relaxing weekend :-bd
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 pm August BAM in progress. 100 ml Famous Grouse gone. A good nights sleep expected
Nice one.

Recent experience suggests to me that a wee dram does, indeed, lead to a better nights sleep :lol:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I've taken to saving a bit for the morning, to put on my porridge.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 pm100 ml Famous Grouse gone. A good nights sleep expected
A good nights sleep was had, but I had the weirdest dream ever :-

Was woken up by the sound of a car, then someone shaking my tarp. Noticed it was lying loose on me but flipped one side over to see a couple of men who said they were looking for a cow that had strayed. When I turned the other side over and got up, I found I was surrounded by bits of my bike that had been taken apart. :o

WTF! I've somehow been moved to a grassy area in the middle of Liddington (where? I've never heard of it). How am I here? Someone must have drugged me and moved me while I was asleep. Obvious really.

So I'm standing in a shop doorway hiding from the rain trying to ring the police, but they're not answering. I'm well panicked.

And then I actually woke up. Shaken! It was just breaking dawn and the wood pigeons were having a sing-song. It took me almost a minute to get back to sleep.

BAM post to follow....
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

Will trip write up in more details and usual daft imaginary over on adventures section, but did bit of a ride to my parents in Birmingham which ended up being quite indirect and my longest time in the saddle.
Had breakfast then bed on Saturday.
Sunday was a BBQ then pubba dub dub.
Monday me and my brother took our kayak out on a local lake for a splash before another BBQ, was meant to be just lunch but got a bit excited and stayed out past my last train home.
Woke up at 4:30 to get into town for the early train to Cheltenham. Rode back from there in time for a shower before work.
Gregsie

Post by Gregsie »

Got my permission granted to head off for a couple of days. Sunday heading over towards Chapel and Buxton in the Peak and then have got a night booked in the YHA at Ilam. Monday morning back over to Chesterfield via Matlock.

Not proper bikepacking as I won't be sleeping in a ditch under a tarp, but it's been on my list to stay there for a while. Think they used to call it credit card touring when I was a youth.