New bike!!!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

New bike!!!

Post by ootini »

So after all the "What bike" threads and procrastination, I've pulled the trigger. Picked up my sparkly new, stealth black Pinnacle Arkose D2 today.

Lovely bit of kit. Done a quick test fitting of my bags and some adjusting and jiggery pokery is required.

Pics to follow.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: New bike!!!

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Lovely bike, may you enjoy your time together.
May the bridges you burn light your way
FLV

Post by FLV »

Very nice, I'm contemplating one of those myself. I only really need frame, forks and wheels but am tempted to go for the whole bike at that value.
ootini

Post by ootini »

FLV wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:10 pm Very nice, I'm contemplating one of those myself. I only really need frame, forks and wheels but am tempted to go for the whole bike at that value.
I scoured the internet, and at the price point, I can find nothing to touch it for spec. I think the Ribble offering came closest. Also I got £25 knocked off, which Is nice...
ootini

Post by ootini »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 pm Lovely bike, may you enjoy your time together.
Cheers Stu. Yet to put it through its paces, but the build quality is lovely.
Mike

Post by Mike »

:sad: Yeap i can honestly say i loved my Arkose 3. I stripped it down and sold the frame/fork only to replace it with a shinny ti camino that ive been wondering about for awhile...... HMMMMM wish id never bothered now the Arkose was a much nicer ride than this camino....i want it back :sad:
Said camino maybe going up for sale at some point in the future so i can reunite myself with a new Arkose ( that takes a fatter tyre too ) some lesson are never learnt...doh. Oh and the new arkose colour is cool :-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

The D2 is a glossy, slightly flecked black. Quite understated.
The D1 is gorgeous, a deep metallic teal/ green. Nicest finish of the whole range.
The D3 is the burgundy frame. Nice finish and great quality, but I wasn't a fan of the colour.
The Arkose X is basically magnolia.... :|
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:08 pm :sad: Yeap i can honestly say i loved my Arkose 3. I stripped it down and sold the frame/fork only to replace it with a shinny ti camino that ive been wondering about for awhile...... HMMMMM wish id never bothered now the Arkose was a much nicer ride than this camino....i want it back :sad:
Said camino maybe going up for sale at some point in the future so i can reunite myself with a new Arkose ( that takes a fatter tyre too ) some lesson are never learnt...doh. Oh and the new arkose colour is cool :-bd
That's interesting to hear. I have a Camino Al which I really like but the Arkose was on my shortlist as well. Anything specifically that you preferred about the Arkose or just a general feeling? I'm totally happy with my Camino but I'm just curious.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I cant put my finger on it, maybe the frame on the camino is slightly smaller im not sure however iv gave it a right good riding today and i was abit happier with it :) maybe i need to give it time
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Mike wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:45 pm I cant put my finger on it, maybe the frame on the camino is slightly smaller im not sure however iv gave it a right good riding today and i was abit happier with it :) maybe i need to give it time
Thanks, that's interesting. I'd better not have a go on an Arkose then, I don't want to put myself off my Camino! :shock:
ootini

Post by ootini »

Ta Daaaa !

Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Very nice. :-bd
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

:-bd
FLV

Post by FLV »

Nice. I'm really close to buying one of these.

How did it size up for you?
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Fence needs painting. Whoops. Wrong forum :grin:

Lovely bike. My arkose is my most ridden bike as it's my commuter

Your light is going to have a hard life on the seat post, unless you're fitting mudguards. The seat stay is a very protected position
ootini

Post by ootini »

benp1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:37 pm
Your light is going to have a hard life on the seat post, unless you're fitting mudguards. The seat stay is a very protected position
Very true, plus my seat pack will be fitted there. I need to fettle the mount a bit and get some bulkier shims as the clamp is way too big to grip the seat stay at the minute. Bit of inner tube and it'll be fine.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Oh and the fence is on my list of things to do.... somewhere on the list.. .
ootini

Post by ootini »

FLV wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 pm Nice. I'm really close to buying one of these.

How did it size up for you?
I'm 5'9"ish and the medium fits perfectly. I flipped the stem to lift the bars a bit so I could use the drops more than the hoods, other than sorting the seat post, it's stock.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Cheers for that. I'll see if the local evans has one to have a go on