What nests inside a Snow Peak 450?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

What nests inside a Snow Peak 450?

Post by benp1 »

I'd like to find a mug/cup that nests inside the Snow Peak 450 as neatly as possible. I stow stuff inside so want the neatest fit possible to give me room to stow stove, windshield and coffee.. The windshield is conical so I can't really slip it between the outer and inner cup

Don't want to go bigger than the 450 as it's a good size for me - wondering if different brands might have something that works well?

I know there's a 300 but I'm thinking that it might take up too much space
Bearbonesnorm

Re: What nests inside a Snow Peak 450?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh a quiz ...... isssss it a sparrow?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

African or European?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh, what with brexit an' all, I'll say African.
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am Ooh a quiz ...... isssss it a sparrow?
:lol: Took me a minute to get that.

Back to the OPs question, the 450 is quite a small mug (about the same size as my MSR one) so you will only get something quite small inside.

Is it just to have a second cup to drink from whilst the 450 is being used on the stove? I've used a plastic pot that I think cream came in (and I think Reg does the same) which was just the right size to fit in my mug. It was a bit tricky to drink from when hot without handles. You will either need to buy loads of different brands of pots of cream, yogurt etc or take your mug to the supermarket to try the fit.

I gave up on this and now have an Xmug (480ml) I take when I want a second cup. The Xcup (250ml) is 95mm so would nest under the 450?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
slarge

Post by slarge »

Disposable plastic cup. Work fine until they split.

Or a robin
jameso

Post by jameso »

Based on what I found in my garage not long ago, mice. Cue next trip ... "hmm, are they coffee lumps or something else in my brew?"

What's the ID of the SP 450? Have a couple here I can measure and a few others could do the same.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Based on what I found in my garage not long ago, mice. Cue next trip ... "hmm, are they coffee lumps or something else in my brew?"

What's the ID of the SP 450? Have a couple here I can measure and a few others could do the same. Inc ID, OD at rim and a note on the handle protrusion and we'll have a nesting library :ugeek:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

What's the internal diameter of the Snowpeak 450? I've a collapsible cup that's 85mm in diameter and 200ml volume but I can't remember the make. Fits easily into an Alpkit 650 mug but not the 400.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

350mm cup?

seem to recall on ebay many [differing volumes] are r similar diameter and just taller so look at Lixada titanium stuff on ebay and see what fits
or take a plastic pot
benp1

Post by benp1 »

The only sparrows that would be able to get inside the mug is the lesser spotted ninja sparrow, it's pretty well put away!

Two reasons for the mug
- if I want to drink and boil water at the same time
- if i want to make a proper coffee using the GSI ultralight java drip. I usually use instant as it needs a second cup to clip the filter to

Don't really fancy drink out of a cream pot or similar, that's clearly the lightest option but doesn't have the finesse I'm looking for!

The sea to summit x mug that Sean suggests is a good shout. Reminds me that I played with one with a lid in an outdoors shop a while ago. A proper lid that means I won't have to worry about it messing up my kit if it's slightly dirty and it'll keep drink/food hot. Bit of googling shows that it's called the X Seal and Go

Not quite sure which one I want though, small one is 215ml, next one up is 415ml. But the 415 is wider and shorter than the 215, so more like a bowl, Think the 215ml will fit in the SP450

This is the think I'm looking at - https://seatosummitusa.com/products/x-seal-and-go
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Surely the best way of carrying an extra mug and not having it take up space in your bags is to bungee it to the outside of them?

I'm sure there's a branded BearBones mug in production.

#freethemug
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

benp1 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:56 pm Not quite sure which one I want though, small one is 215ml, next one up is 415ml. But the 415 is wider and shorter than the 215, so more like a bowl, Think the 215ml will fit in the SP450
I have an xmug and the 415ml seal and go, they are very close in size

That's a MSR Ti mug for comparison which is 400ml

Because of the way the xmug folds down it's a tapered shape which is why it's quite wide at the top for the volume compared to a conventional mug of the same volume. For coffee the 215 would probably be ideal, you could always have a second cup from the same coffee, I get 2 cups in a row from a coffee bag, I just have to leave it a bit longer for the second one.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Really helpful pic, thanks Sean

The problem now is I can't find the small seal and go, only the medium one

I suppose the medium one would let me make a meal or something in the mug while I get the stove back on
RIP

Post by RIP »

A SnowPeak 440? Yep Sean's right - Morrison's cream pot for me. Perfect fit.

(other rapacious corporate behemoth grocers are available)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster