Son hubs??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Son hubs??

Post by Mike »

Had mine around a year now if that amd its been used honestly about 200miles max! It feels really jumpy when u spin the axle in ya hands...should it feel like this after so little use, it didnt feel this juttery when i bought it.
Joe

Re: Son hubs??

Post by Joe »

All dynamo hubs will feel sort of lumpy as you spin the axle in your hands, it's the magnets creating that resistance. My SON hub felt that way when I got it new.

Of course you may have an issue with your bearings but it's unlikely with such a new hub and SON hubs are good. Apparently the wheel should spin and as it slows to a stop it should rock a little between two of the 'bumps'. If it feels gritty as well as bumpy then there might be an issue.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

what they said - a dynamo hub wont spin like a normal hub and if you spin mine by hand [ shimano not son] you can feel the magnets as you do so

it wont spin as freely as a normal front wheel but this is normal
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd yeah i thought it was lumpier than normal but then i havent had it in my hand for ages.
Mart

Post by Mart »

The Jutter are just the internal magnets, as above if feels gritty then thats not so good
2924 miles per Gallon
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yeah its not gritty just bumpy :wink:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:45 am :-bd yeah i thought it was lumpier than normal but then i havent had it in my hand for ages.
No

No

No

No

No

No

No

:roll: