These gps find your keys tracker things.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

These gps find your keys tracker things.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No, not for me but my mum would like to buy one for my forgetful cousin. I've had a quick look on-line and it would seem that the gps trackers are much more use than the blue tooth versions (longer range etc)?

Has anyone got any advice, recommendations, etc because I know nowt.

Thank you.
May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Re: These gps find your keys tracker things.

Post by psling »

The thing is Stu, if your cousin has one are they more likely to be losing their keys in the knowledge that they have the tracker to get them out of a situation? They may be more careless knowing that all they need do is press a button and assistance will be forthcoming... :wink: :wink:

p.s. sorry, can't actually help with your question!
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Took me an hour to find my keys after work last Friday.

They were on my desk the whole time.

Really makes you think.
Gregsie

Post by Gregsie »

Looked into buying one recently as a tight-arse version of a Spot Tracker. Believe the non-bluetooth ones work using a mobile SIM card, so ruled it out as a lot of the time I can't get a mobile signal. (That's what I tell my Mrs anyway).
Powered by crumpets.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I think the Bluetooth ones will actually be more use because of the shorter range. Will your cousin actually get miles away from their keys? Better to know your keys are under 100 metres away, i.e. actually in your house.

You can get ones that beep if you move your phone out of Bluetooth signal, saves loosing them in the first place.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

I've been looking at them recently. My dads got dementia has occasionally goes 'walk about' (and drive about...)
The idea is to put one on his car keys as he never goes anywhere without them (creature of habit).
The range on the bluetooth ones are the limiting factor. The GPS ones require a suscription/monthly fee, the range is the bonus though as not only can you track them but also set up notfications if they leave pre-set zones.
If its just for car keys I reckon the Bluetooth one is fine, or if thats an early sign of dementia (hopefully not) might be better off bitting the bullet now and only buying once.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:32 pm No, not for me but my mum would like to buy one for my forgetful cousin. I've had a quick look on-line and it would seem that the gps trackers are much more use than the blue tooth versions (longer range etc)?

Has anyone got any advice, recommendations, etc because I know nowt.

Thank you.
Does he need these as well Stu:

voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Dare I ask where they mainly loose their keys?*

If I misplace anything, it will be in the house (or at work in the odd occasion), so won’t a GPS be useless indoors?

*yeah, I know, if they know that... :lol: