exposure lights

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

journeyman

exposure lights

Post by journeyman »

A quick note to say I've received some super sharp service from exposure lights from their service and warranty team about a revo. I know there was thread earlier about brand loyalty and USE were well liked - so this is just another thumbs up for them. I'm feeling so loyal I may go and buy one of those Diablos on offer
RIP

Re: exposure lights

Post by RIP »

They are good lights and good service. However don't talk to me about the sodding charge socket cover on my Mk12 Joystick which p1sses me off NO END. </rant> :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I really struggle to do put mine back on as well but they are still great lights with superb customer service
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

Glad its not just me swearing at little rubber caps in the middle of nowhere
RIP

Post by RIP »

Little ru ..... No, I'm stopping right there (just for once)...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

And another thing why oh why oh why do they have to have all those little lights blinking away on the back of a Diablo?
I am sure there must be a simpler less distracting way of inducing battery anxiety.
Riding at night every time I glance at the gps my eye is drawn to the little lights on the Diablo winking away.
What do they mean? Was that a steady light last time I looked? How much run time is left?
And why does my Joystick not have the same switch on or is it switch off as the Diablo?
Now see what you have done Reg. :lol:
Good lights though. :-bd
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I know I shouldn't ask, but...

... what's the issue with the rubber cover?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

its juts a proper awkward fit - almost like you are trying to fit a cap that is a little too big into a space you can make it go with effort/precision/care/fumbling- if you dont do it right it just pops/falls back off.
2 yr old joystick model
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I have a Joystick and a Maxx-D. Can't say I've had a problem.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

My Mk12 Joystick is the same - if you don't get it just right then the cover will just pop out again and it's a bit fiddly for my not overly dexterous fingers. The light itself has been great though so it's a minor quibble.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

agreed and its only really an issue after it has been charged so i am sat in the house without gloves on - my mate has an older joystick version and his is fine and easy to do-might just be a minor tolerance issue? Some caps are marginally bigger so awkward ??
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Are you wearing gloves doing it?

I have a joystick, diablo and strada. I've honestly never had a problem with them, although I broke my cap on my strada annoyingly, so when I take it off there's a high chance I'll lose it

If you don't like yours send it to me :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

no one is putting the cap back on with gloves on - it would be like one of those impossible puzzles.

Its a very minor complaint but it just took me three goes to get it in [ though on the second it went in but popped back out again.] Its just fiddly basically
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

benp1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am I have a joystick, diablo and strada. I've honestly never had a problem with them, although I broke my cap on my strada annoyingly, so when I take it off there's a high chance I'll lose it
You can buy them as spares. I lost one of the ones on my revo so ordered a new one... only to find the lost one outside my shed, it must have come off when I unplugged the dyno lead. And no I'm not sending you my spare as then I'm bound to loose one off a light :lol: They can be a fiddle to get on but i think that is because they plug the socket as well as cover the outside so they provide a proper watertight seal.

At least spares are available, I've damaged the one on my GEN3 SPOT so it's not tethered anymore, contacted SPOT and they do not carry/supply spare parts :roll:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Actually, I've just realised that I keep my micro red eye permanently attached to my joystick, and on my lid which is currently next to me as I cycled into work, so don't need the rubber port. Will pop that onto my strada, not that it really needs the cover anyway I suppose
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I caused a fuss with them about that and got a brand new one from them as a warranty replacement as it's actually part of the back cover they claim and you cannot replace parts on them. I just bought a rubber usb boot and that works fine.
sean_iow wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 pm
benp1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am I have a joystick, diablo and strada. I've honestly never had a problem with them, although I broke my cap on my strada annoyingly, so when I take it off there's a high chance I'll lose it
You can buy them as spares. I lost one of the ones on my revo so ordered a new one... only to find the lost one outside my shed, it must have come off when I unplugged the dyno lead. And no I'm not sending you my spare as then I'm bound to loose one off a light :lol: They can be a fiddle to get on but i think that is because they plug the socket as well as cover the outside so they provide a proper watertight seal.

At least spares are available, I've damaged the one on my GEN3 SPOT so it's not tethered anymore, contacted SPOT and they do not carry/supply spare parts :roll: