Washer or washer/dryer

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Washer or washer/dryer

Post by redefined_cycles »

So glad I opened this thread up now (and thanks to the powrrs that be for not blacklisting me for it not being strictly BB material and potentially deserving of a place on STW :grin:

Anyway... Johhnystorm. After your mention last night of repair. I mulled it over and relaised I'm getting rid of a Rolls Royce to be potentially going back to a Daihatsu or Jeep and all the problems that come with.

This morning, woke up and convinced the wife we need to be paying the callout charge and just get them (Miele... apparently pronounced Melee) to come and look. Got told "I'm not paying that call out charge etc etc"... Byt then she gives Miele a call and they've done a deal of 1 year cover for £199 including callout :-bd Here's to IA* another 10 years of the same washer...

Thanks all for Bearing with me

*IA= InshaAllah= Lord Willing
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Rasta wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 pm Sorry, bit lost here. :|

Wouldn't a jet wash be better?
Imagine jet-washing yer socks and smalls....just slip them over the nozzle before blasting them into space :shock: :lol:
May you always have tail wind.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

MuddyPete wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Imagine jet-washing yer socks and smalls....just slip them over the nozzle before blasting them into space :shock: :lol:

I was having a bit of fun. I just thought the topic was bit off subject. :cool:
redefined_cycles

Rasta wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:21 pm
MuddyPete wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:01 pm

I was having a bit of fun. I just thought the topic was bit off subject. :cool:
But its in General Banter :wink:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

My Mum's Miele was in storage between house moves and she too couldn't get anyone to give the machine a look over before it was reinstalled. When she contacted Miele they seemed almost insulted that she felt it would be an issue. I'm pretty sure she said that Miele don't supply parts to independent dealers. I guess you have to weigh up the cost of £80 and a repair versus £XXX for a new one.

FWIW when my Bosch dishwasher started playing up I did what would with my bike and trawled forums to find the answer and bought the part cheap online. :lol:
redefined_cycles

All done Johnny... Tell yer mum its currently 200 quid for a 1 year parts labour including callout deal. Normally 250.

The nice man from RollsRoyce (I mean Miele) came. Gave it a service and cleaned away some gunk cos apparebtly we've not been using anything more than economy wash much.. all sprted and good as new now
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

If you junk your old machine, remember to strip out the drum and make yourself a nice firepit for the garden :-bd