26 isn’t dead....is it?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

psling

Re: 26 isn’t dead....is it?

Post by psling »

26" Wheels made for sharing:
26" Wheels still in use today on a regular basis [Dean Colonel SS]:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Arg, I knew you'd be along in a minute Peter with some drooltastic pics. This is all too much.

And that graveyard is a corker as well, a real collector's item - are you prepared to divulge the location? Presumably welsh Wales somewhere. I feel a bit useless for not recognising it instantly.

Just looking back over those pics, my only minor concern is that I look younger now than I did 33 years ago. I know I've mentally regressed to a 10 year old but I didn't know that worked physically as well.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

If it's where I think it is its Welsh but only just and having a twin engined bicycle is a very good choice
to get up out of there .
psling

Post by psling »

Raggedstone wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 pm If it's where I think it is its Welsh but only just and having a twin engined bicycle is a very good choice
to get up out of there .
It's not Patrishaw Kevin if that's what you're thinking - although that is indeed a lovely little church on a b@st@rd of a climb :-bd
RIP wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:10 pm And that graveyard is a corker as well, a real collector's item - are you prepared to divulge the location? Presumably welsh Wales somewhere. I feel a bit useless for not recognising it instantly.
The church is just upstream from Britain's smallest town and the photo was taken on an icy November morning. We'd just crossed the 'new bridge' over the Afon Irfon on sheet ice where someone riding up behind us lost it on the ice, my daughter momentarily stopped pedalling and was probably shocked by my language as I 'encouraged' her to keep pedalling nice and smoothly! We were visiting during the annual Beer Festival otherwise known as the Real Ale Wobble. And yes, it is indeed in Wales :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

got you :wink: ta
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster