29er Drop-bar Mountain Bike options

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cocker

Re: 29er Drop-bar Mountain Bike options

Post by Cocker »

stooge speedball works ace with drop bars,welcome to try mine if you get over yorkshire way
Mactheknife68

Post by Mactheknife68 »

I’ve been texting Sam st Singular and there’s a new Swift this autumn :-bd
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

Whilst it's not steel I'm seriously impressed with my Trek 920, capable on and off road, sram 2x10 - never fitted the racks just strapped on my Ortlieb/Wildcat bags and go. Will easily accommodate 29er 2.1's.
:-bd
@philg1971 Instagram
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Mac the swift wasnt a proper drop bar job was it though it was possible and I did with mine run it with shallow drops but the proper drop bar mtb was the gryphon iirc

I had to have the swift though I first saw it at sswc2007 and fell in love it was one sam had done for Jacquie Phelan and she let me have a go on it and that was it I ordered it straight away
Mactheknife68

Post by Mactheknife68 »

Got a text from Sam, apparently the new Swift is on hold due to the tooling costs. 🙁
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

firestarter wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:10 pm Mac the swift wasnt a proper drop bar job was it though it was possible and I did with mine run it with shallow drops but the proper drop bar mtb was the gryphon iirc

I had to have the swift though I first saw it at sswc2007 and fell in love it was one sam had done for Jacquie Phelan and she let me have a go on it and that was it I ordered it straight away
Dedicated drop bar was the Gryphon. I've still got one gathering dust in the garage running wood chippers.