RIDE LONDON BIKE SHOW

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

RIDE LONDON BIKE SHOW

Post by BigdummySteve »

Anyone going? im working in the venue so will obviously be sloping off for look, hoping for some bargains :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
benp1

Re: RIDE LONDON BIKE SHOW

Post by benp1 »

BigdummySteve wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 am Anyone going? im working in the venue so will obviously be sloping off for look, hoping for some bargains :-bd
Shout if you see any!

It's a bit out the way and the list of exhibitors looks a bit average, so not planning to

I shall be going to the London FreeCycle on Saturday though, it's a fantastic event. I've been a few times. I'll be taking my older daughter on the back of my Big Dummy and my son will be on his bike. Definitely recommend the event, what's not to like about traffic free streets. I'd recommend going early though, it's ridiculously busy in the afternoon
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

it is a bit out of the way but the DLR (custom house....ExCel has TWO! stations) drops you right outside the door.

benp1

Post by benp1 »

BigdummySteve wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:14 am it is a bit out of the way but the DLR (custom house....ExCel has TWO! stations) drops you right outside the door.
I know, the place is massive!

But docklands and in particularly ExCel is miles away from North London so only worth it if it's worth it (last went there for the car show, my son loved it but wasn't as good as the last one I went to there about 10 years ago)
Owen

Post by Owen »

I went today (collecting my number for the 100 on Sunday). I got a free baseball cap, some stickers and freebie bars/gels. Didn't really see any bargains. They did have that Trek bikepacking bike with the orange racks.

Not sure it's worth a trip unless you're passing or work there TBH!
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Yeah not too good, I did pick up some new hydration/energy stuff. Tailwind nutrition, electrolytes and 200kcal. Tastes really clean, not sugary and subtle flavours.
Also a few cliff bars etc, should help on the Braunton 150 this weekend, obviously I’m still taking the essential pork pies and scratchings :-bd

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Oooo I forgot! I did have a long chat with the Sram guys and loving fondled the new AXS drop bar shifter and AXS eagle mech, seriously drool worthy kit which appears to be very well made.
One of the young lads informed me in hushed tones that cheaper axs Eagle stuff will be on the way soon. I was interesting to get hands on with this stuff, AXS Eagle on drop bars would be lovely, not much chance unless I win the competition they were holding.

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Some useless trivia about Excel.

Before building Excel it was a wasteland of derelict buildings. The Vietnam war film Full Metal Jacket used the site in 80's, in 1994 Cycle Courier World Championships were held there, I still bear the scars.
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:37 pm in 1994 Cycle Courier World Championships were held there, I still bear the scars.
You were there? I was there! I led the after-party ride into soho. The arrests were not my fault!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Oli.vert wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 pm
Pirahna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:37 pm in 1994 Cycle Courier World Championships were held there, I still bear the scars.
You were there? I was there! I led the after-party ride into soho. The arrests were not my fault!
We've probably met at some point then. :grin: