New Bike ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: New Bike ?

Post by benp1 »

Given all the parts that Sonder do, and the big bikepacking slant of Alpkit, it's odd they don't have a carbon fork available for their bikes. I know they have a rigid MTB and a rigid fat bike already, but surely a well priced, nicely made carbon fork would go down well in the bikepacking community
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Spoke with Neil last week, there is one in the offing, they are just sorting out the finer details like cage mounts but I got the impression that one might be available for the end of the year.
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Well I've booked a test ride next weekend in hathersage and they have both wheel sets I can try and do the same route back to back so that should help me decide and I'm 99 % set on the prong fork , it will be a blast.
What's the worst than can happen?
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Well I tested the broken road today from Hathersage and I had both sets of wheels, I tried the 650b plus first and was amazed how well they climbed but they had tubes in TUBES! so I had to run they hard but only after I got a punture. The bike fitted me spot on , then i put the 29s on and they where the same on the flat and slighty up but when the going got steep they seemed to stall and had to hammer the gears , I've never had 29s so don't know if this is normal? the 650b plus are slightly smaller in diameter , I stood them next to each other and it was about 10mm and it was slightly lighter too so it looks like I will be ordering one in the near future . Prong is still out of stock but it wont be long so i will post a picture when its done.
Happy days.
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Well I have purchased the bike today, I went for the GX spec, confusious bars and I am supplying the forks (prong) and the brakes ( Sram rsc) and my trusty Brookes saddle with carbon seatpost. Alpkit are doing 15% if you subscribe to there newsletter until next monday so I got it for £1595 with the forks and brakes on top of that which I think is not too bad , free shipping as well.
Needless to say I am quite exited but probably a couple of weeks before I get it.
I plan on going to Brecon to test it for a weekend so if anyone has a good gpx file loop they could share that would be great, pictures to follow.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Sounds like you've got it sorted. Stick some pix up when it's built yeah?
I'm just going outside ...