Good deed for the day

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Good deed for the day

Post by whitestone »

Got up this morning and noticed a bird trying to get out of the greenhouse. The door and roof light were open but it was confused by the rest of the glass. Tried to coax it out but true to form it would keep flying in the wrong direction. Eventually it settled on a paraffin heater and I had an idea. (Not light the heater :roll: ) I put my finger under its claws and it grabbed hold and I walked out of the greenhouse with it on my hand like a trainee falconer :lol:

It's a recently fledged wren. I set it down on the garden wall and after a few minutes of sorting itself out and calling out to its parents it flew off.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Zippy

Re: Good deed for the day

Post by Zippy »

Must be the time of year, I have a recent blackbird stuck in greenhouse story.

I had a blackbird stuck in our greenhouse the other day. We leave the doors open a bit so the cat can get in and get at it's food (not my cat, I don't like cats). Turns out the blackbird had learnt there's food in there, but kept flying into the glass to get out. I opened the doors wide open, then went through the garage (on the other side of the greenhouse) which made the blackbird go in the correct direction towards the wide open doors and freedom.
We hoped this was a one off, but given birds learn things, we may have to do something about it, so for the time being carried on as before. The next day, I saw the blackbird in the greenhouse eating the cat food (biscuits), and thought "oh no" and the door was only open a cat width. Well, it only went and hopped out happy as larry on it's own accord. It now makes it's own way in and out no problems. :-bd
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Nice tales folks, Cheery Friday has started early!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I came out of Morrisons this morning and there was a woman crying her eyes out, she'd lost all her holiday money. I felt so sorry for her I gave her £50. I don't usually do that kind of thing but I'd just found £2000 in the carpark.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I carefully removed a giant snail from a customer's front door step so it didn't get squashed. I put it safely down in the lower front garden. It's safe now, but probably pissed at me as it must have spent all morning climbing up the steps.