Bikepacking spefic tents

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rudedog

Bikepacking spefic tents

Post by rudedog »

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just noticed this on the BA website, they are now doing a ' bikepacking' specific version of the copper spur (and flycreek) :

https://www.bigagnes.com/Copper-Spur-HV-UL2-Bikepack

bikepacking feature include heavyduty waterproof (bar) bag for storage, shorter pole lengths (30cm) and some other stuff like larger storage pockets and loops on the flysheet for drying clothes. Ultralight outdoor gear have them at the same price as a standard Copper Spur UL2 (still expensive but good to see that the extra features don't cost more).

Its certainly a better effort than the last/only other bikepacking specific tent I can remember - that 1 person Topeak effort which utilised your bike frame and front wheels as a poles!
NorwayCalling

Re: Bikepacking spefic tents

Post by NorwayCalling »

I have one... the copper Spur HV UL1 and rate it highly - in fact I would say I am really very happy with it...

The grey colour is the only issue - not because of "stealth" issues, (it does not stand out that badly when "cheeky camping") but it lets all the light in. Somehow it appears brighter inside than out :-)- great in the winter, rubbish here in Norway when you have 22 hours of proper daylight. :-bd

All the info you need is here: https://bikepacking.com/gear/big-agnes-bikepack-tents/
whitestone

Re: Bikepacking spefic tents

Post by whitestone »

We got our Copper Spur UL2 before they brought out the bikepacking specific version. Pretty decent tent and split between two it's not that hard to carry, about 750g each, and on mountain bikes the pole length isn't really a problem if you use a handlebar harness and bag.

We've the light green colour and it's pretty bright TBH, might blend in to the background in the desert but not so much in the Yorkshire Dales :lol:

I think Stu started a thread about them a while back.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry