Dynaplug users?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

Dynaplug users?

Post by lune ranger »

Just done the Braunton 150 itt, cracking ride and I may write it up.
Managed to get another slit in a Schwalbe Nobby Nic.
When I poked in standard anchovy strips they were being spewed back out of the hole when I brought it up to modest pressure. I was aiming for 22psi and they began to eject at around 27 or 28.
I wasted a whole lot of time affecting the repair. Hindsight says I should have just popped in my spare inner and been done in 5 or 10 minutes. But I was only 50km into a 240km ride and wasn’t keen to loose my spare inner if I could fix the tubeless.I ended up stitching the anchovies in place (tyre on rim) which allowed a clot to form. Left with a very slow puncture.
It occurred to me that the design of the ludicrously priced dynaplugs would probably stop the ejection and be a very quick repair.
Can a dynaplug user confirm this?
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Lazarus

Re: Dynaplug users?

Post by Lazarus »

what concerned me was if it does not work how do you insert a tube with that spiky thing stuck to the inside of your tyre ?
Never tried them but hindsight is a wonderful thing and we have all tried to fix a tubeless tyre and wasted time[impossible to know till you have] , most of the time it does work though.
two tubes stops you being that worried about sticking in the tube so saves sometime as you give up sooner IMHO.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Suppose you pull the spike out of the inside when you lift off a bead to stick the tube in.
2 tubes on multi day jaunts at present. May need to revisit that idea.
WSC
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I have, wait for it....THE MEGAPLUG! :lol:

I've used it twice. In the centre of the tyre it worked seamlessly.

Second time in the sidewall and on a different tyre, it didn't work. But that tyre had a slow leak and I think the flexing worked it out.

When I put the tube in the brass cap had come off. I don't think it'll be a problem.
drjon

Post by drjon »

yep, agree dynaplug likely to have worked, and brass bits not problem with tube. sometimes they come off, sometimes not, but either way ive not had issues when ive used them. ive also used innovations anchovies, and would generally always want to use a dynaplug from now on.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Sold. :grin:
WSC
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

lune ranger wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:37 pm I was aiming for 22psi and they began to eject at around 27 or 28.
I don’t understand?

Had a bad rear sidewall puncture on last day of Colorado trail, which I sealed with two plugs, but could only run at v.low pressure - I guess 15psi or less on a 2.2 tyre. Amazed that it survived about 50km of mostly singletrack with a bit of cautious riding. Have invested in chunky Samuri plugs for the next rubber mini-crisis!
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

:roll: Sack the proof reader. They spat out at around 17 or 18 psi.
WSC
Mart

Post by Mart »

Not had a chance to use my dynaplug stuff that i bought last year
Guess i’ve just been lucky and not had any holes bigger than the sealant can cope with
2924 miles per Gallon
fatbikerbill

Post by fatbikerbill »

Try ear plugs. Worked for me.

Rub with patch glue, leave for a few minutes. Roll up, stuff in hole. Trim as needed.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

fatbikerbill wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 pm Try ear plugs. Worked for me.

Rub with patch glue, leave for a few minutes. Roll up, stuff in hole. Trim as needed.
Ah. Thought it was because you couldn't hear the hiss of the air leaking out. :wink: