Think you need to delete the DNF’r from you tag line Dave :-bd
Raggedstone

Re: Tour Divide 2019

Post by Raggedstone »

I thought that but guess it now means Divide now finished
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Josh ibbet published his vids... From the outsrt it seems its all his own vids as he normally makes with no 'documentary' camera crew. So dunno if it was him afterall with the camera crew and using kit :???: sorry... v interested in such things :smile:
redefined_cycles

https://youtu.be/uvwrB2H1wjA

There's a part 1 before this... he links in to thank Mason/Hunt... But all footage defo appears to be his own! Maybe he's good for a :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 pm Josh ibbet published his vids... From the outsrt it seems its all his own vids as he normally makes with no 'documentary' camera crew. So dunno if it was him afterall with the camera crew and using kit :???: sorry... v interested in such things :smile:
There was a photographer and videographer for Hunt following Josh.
https://www.instagram.com/hunt.beyond/?hl=en
I think it'd be daft for the photographer/s to have to defend what/how etc although with Lael Wolcox's crew getting so much scrutiny after being up-front and transparent with what they were doing I guess some would ask Qs now. eg this comment in the Radavist article, not clear on who the rider is though I guess Jay's comment on a post could answer that if you cared to look.
Even as Lael continues riding, Jay Petervary comments “Poor form” on her decision. He applauds a rider who received clothes and shoes from his film crew at the lodge and continues in the race, unaware that this gesture disqualifies him from the race. Petevary comments on a photo taken from the sprinter van of this rider, “Thank you. We need more younger generation folks to set good examples.”
Film crew / photographer? Eddie Clark's methods vs others? Not sure if further scrutiny helps and tbh I've got no issue with documentation, only the way it interacts with racers. I'm just observing out of interest, no opinions to be inferred. In a gentleman's race maybe it's up to the riders to judge or self-police. Won't stop us having opinions on ethics and rules though and it's good that people care.
redefined_cycles

Well said Jameso... I totally agree and I think Sofiane said something similarly along them lines also
jameso

Post by jameso »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm Well said Jameso... I totally agree and I think Sofiane said something similarly along them lines also
Interested if that's anything post TD / interview, any link?
FLV

Post by FLV »

Sofiane did a post TD interview on bikes or death podcast James, though I dont know if this is where Shafiq has his info from.

Theres also an interview with Alexandera which is good (pre TD 2019)
redefined_cycles

FLV wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 pm Sofiane did a post TD interview on bikes or death podcast James, though I dont know if this is where Shafiq has his info from.

Thats the one Jameso. Thanks Dave...

He seemed pretty humble (enough for a hardnut) to me. Towards the end it was discussed about all the FB stuff and comments on him being arrogant etc etc... and the feeling that he somehow was insulting Mike hall thinking he could break 'the record'... He just explained he had a mission that he felt was achievable now that he'd managed this years feat and that it was all his money with minimal spinsors (except the bags given by Apidura) and that people (that dont feel they can say positive stuff of the riders) should keep their nose out... etc etc

If you look above a few pages its there linked (will try find link if you can't for ya)... I found it a really interesting interview and gave me a few more ouce of respect for him (kind of)
redefined_cycles

*didn't agree with his helmet quotes though but maybe thats cos I'm a nurse and have seen people without helemt come with polytrauma and head issues... Its not nice (how they act... which isn't their fault then... but still you can't help feeling if a helmet could have saved their mental indignity)
jameso

Post by jameso »

FLV wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 pm Sofiane did a post TD interview on bikes or death podcast James, though I dont know if this is where Shafiq has his info from.

Ta, train journey listening for next week sorted.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

James, there's a few interviews (Josh Kato, Lael) on The Hidden Athlete podcast if you haven't already heard them, I think it was Sean who linked to them earlier in this thread.

Watching biking films, with a few exceptions, is a bit like watching climbing films: really hard to capture the feeling of it and often better done by self-filming by the riders themselves.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
jameso

Post by jameso »

the feeling that he somehow was insulting Mike hall thinking he could break 'the record'...
Daft thing to suggest isn't it. Records are made to be broken and Mike's achievements will inspire and push the best racers for a while yet. No doubt that Sophiane is one of best of those racers.

Will look up those links, thanks all
redefined_cycles

"we are really in a contract of integrity with our peers" (Mike Hall, 2016, Bikepacking.com rereleased article post TD)....

He says it so robustly! Hence thought it should be here...
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Am I the only person that read Sofiane Sehili's post on Facebook? From June 20th:

"Proof that film crew makes you faster: I wanted to take a crap in Lima but I didn't because I had cameras on me"
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Nat Rainbow, the last of the Grand Depart riders finished yesterday. From Ashby-de-la-Zouch, I think she suffers from arthritis, not good at 37. So a very good ride from her.

In other news, Tom's spot is active in Banff, so it looks like Rich and Tom are on the move. The spot is on the Tour Divide page on Trackleaders. I wonder how soon they'll start shouting "BEAR"? :grin:
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Nat has Rheumatoid Arthritus and has turned her life round in the last few years, she has a great blog ' natwingingtheworld.com', she's had an amazing journey on there :-bd
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Will have to have a read of Nat's blog, Ashby is just up the road from me and I often cycle that way.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Looks like Tom and Rich put in 80 miles on day 1.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Having brekkie in Elkford, 100 miles done. All good so far.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Just when I was bout to delete my link on Trackleaders TD, I now have some interest again
Oh and with the TCR just started, its a wonder I ever get any work done :lol:
2924 miles per Gallon
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Fire diversion to avoid Stemple Pass.
trob6

Post by trob6 »

I remember that being a hard pass , how was the diversion?
What's the worst than can happen?
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

The diversion was longer but not difficult.

Heading for Wyoming later this morning.
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Great another state knocked off.
What's the worst than can happen?