Another Stem cell Alternative??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Another Stem cell Alternative??

Post by dlovett »

Has anybody tried the fabric water bottle bags from Decathlon. They say the straps can be moved to different positions, well the top two look like they can. Quite a bit cheeper than the Alpkit or even the Brabantia Peg Begs.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/fabric-bott ... 87122.html
middleagedmadness

Re: Another Stem cell Alternative??

Post by middleagedmadness »

I've had one a while ,you can fit in a 500 ml bottle or more importantly 6 mini pork pies ,not very big or I can fit my 4 50 ml mug and cook kit in there at a push, well made and the velcro fastening is a bit better than alpkits as it has silicon on one side to help it slide through the hoops but on the other hand I've just bought a couple of acepac ones off stu as they're bigger ànd a bit more versatile and only a few quid more
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Yeah I've got one, great for a fiver and the webbing loops allow the straps to be repositioned to wherever you need them.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

what they said - not the largest but functional and they will take a bottle or some food

Some of the bikepacking kit is expensive IMHO and this is exceptional value and iirc they weighed 50g each
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Cheers folks I'll pick one up and give it a try, as I find the Brabanta bag is just too big.
ootini

Post by ootini »

I like the look of the cinch straps. Better than the simple loops of Velcro that came with my stemcells
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

A bit smaller than most but well made and very good value for money. My wife uses hers mainly for specs, phone, small purse and a couple of crunchy bartype things. If I hadn't alreadforked out on a couple of Alpamayo stems cell I would have bought a couple of these as probably big and good enough for my needs.
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

One thing missing is a drain hole in the bottom but for 5 quid you can't expect everything.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I shouldn't have opened this thread... Have ordered my alternative (the Acepac from Stu :lol: wait til the missus finds out as we were just discussing how I'll be paying for the Wahoo already -on interest free paypal finance :-bd )
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Well they are great, was fine on the Camino the other day, big enough for most stuff I want to carry.

To give you and idea, it will fit a standard UK 400ml food can nicely with just enough room to pull the top closed.

It's also the perfect fit for inside Jones bars.
Attachments
IMG_1099.JPG
(152.95 KiB) Downloaded 1263 times
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

IMG_1101.JPG
(133.78 KiB) Downloaded 1263 times