Your gear pile, get shot / rainy day?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Your gear pile, get shot / rainy day?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

get rid of those 680mm bars
Perhaps surprisingly, I think about 8 / 10 pairs of 680(ish)mm bars I put out for the WRT bring and buy got sold, even the 25.4mm pairs.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

PaulB2 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am I seem to collect tyres in different sizes and various states of wear. They're all wire bead so it'll be a ballache to sell them on so they just sit there.
I did get rid of a lot of tyres recently. Some to the WRT thing, some to a local cycling charity (who can actually still make use of 26er tyres!)
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

I have spent about six months in a quandary as to what to do with my pile stuff. My home care duties mean I don’t get out much anymore and I am N- bikes having sold my only bike. I have also been ill myself on and off for the last year and sometimes it is hard to tell who is looking after who at home.
The WRT bring and buy was a godsend as I had a bin full of stuff ‘to sell but not worth the postage’ so two combined parcels were sent off and so far nothing came back. (How did it go by the way?)
So sitting here totting up the resale value in my head of all my stuff and should I buy a shopping bike or a folding bike or an ebike or an efolding/shopping/cargo bike when my grandson emails me. He has just got an ancient first MTB for £100 and wants to go trail riding. :o
So now the quandary is do I give him all my stuff and launch him forth to explore on his own or do I go with him? Should I just buy the cheapest bike on ebay (currently £54) fettle it and race round the DM bottom loop with him and give him the benefit of my limited knowledge? He has led his own platoon on the Ten Tors so he is not without some experience.
Sod it I will get an expensive bike keep all my stuff and leave everything to him in my will. Sorted.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Mariner wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 pm Sod it I will get an expensive bike keep all my stuff and leave everything to him in my will. Sorted.
Just don't die wrapping it around a tree or anything. :shock:
jameso

Post by jameso »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 am
get rid of those 680mm bars
Perhaps surprisingly, I think about 8 / 10 pairs of 680(ish)mm bars I put out for the WRT bring and buy got sold, even the 25.4mm pairs.
They work for most stuff - I'm still on 660mm H-bars.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

PaulB2 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am I seem to collect tyres in different sizes and various states of wear. They're all wire bead so it'll be a ballache to sell them on so they just sit there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I've still got loads of 26inch tyres in the loft, with one 26inch pub bike that doesn't even get used!