Wild Cat saddle bag thingy

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bigface0_0

Wild Cat saddle bag thingy

Post by Bigface0_0 »

Hi, Just wonder whos had, used the new saddle bag thing, is it called a tiger? I was thinking of going for the 8ltr one any thoughts??
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
Taylor

Re: Wild Cat saddle bag thingy

Post by Taylor »

Love mine.
Very stable.
Bigface0_0

Post by Bigface0_0 »

What size did you go for, I guessing a alpkit dry bag???
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

8L Alpkit Airlok
gairym

Post by gairym »

they're bloody great!

i got an 8l one and can squeeze in (with soft contents) an Alpkit 10l bag.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I like mine and it is very effective for the size / amount of gear it carries.

Very stable but as it "only" holds 8 (or if you push it 10) litres then that is maybe easier to achieve than others which hold more (like Pavel's and Revelates which are closer to 13l, IIRC). Up to you what size you need and how much gear you think you'll have to carry. 8l is by no menas titchy, depends if you're a "kitchen-sinker" ;)

Medium repacks are about the same size and price (£50 + P&P) and there is no need to add a stuff sack. NB: can't see Ian's / Wildcat site from work. Depends which system you think you'll prefer / will fit your needs / will be most versatile for you.

Whilst I think there's alternatives to the rear bag the front harness is the best thing I've used. Super stable, versatile (will take all sorts of sizze stuff sacks), easy to fit and use.
Chew

Post by Chew »

I've had both a Wildcat and the Bikepack.pl ones

The thing you find with seatpacks is the more you load them, the more tendancy they have wag like a dogs tail, so bigger isn't always best. I'm sure this will be why Wildcat havent released anything in a large size yet due to this issue.

The Tiger is much better, to the extent that you forget its there. Thich makes you a bit paranoid that its fallen off (it never has, but doesnt stop me checking it every 10 miles :oops:). The separate drybag works a lot better as well, its easier to load and it keeps your stuff 100% dry, especially with it being in the line of fire of spray from the rear wheel.

The bikepack.pl works very well and did me proud in Scotland, but the Wildcat version is that bit better
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

Like Chew I've had both. The Bikepack Pl. is really good but I found it hard to keep it from swaying when fully loaded - it certainly did the job but the Wildcat tiger is superb - it doesn't move and I like the ability to take the drybag out of it whilst leaving the tiger on the bike.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Funny that, I ordered one late Sunday evening and I'm expecting one immently. :P
gairym

Post by gairym »

Used mine last night - am pleased with it all over again!