Nesting Ti Pots...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Nesting Ti Pots...

Post by Richard G »

So I'm looking for a good option for nesting Ti pots that can also hold my small (100g) gas canister as well as my Alpkit burner. I'm thinking something reasonably big for the outer pot... maybe 600ml+

I've given up on any sort of decent collapsible cup being an option, so I'm going to try this way instead.
In Reverse

Re: Nesting Ti Pots...

Post by In Reverse »

I've got the Evernew 0.4 / 0.75l set. Rarely use it so you're welcome to a borrow if you want to try it.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk ... -75l-p3014
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cheapest option is likely to be PlanetX but Alpkit do a nice one which comes with a non-stick Ti frying pan for £55.
https://www.alpkit.com/products/nostick-mytistax
May the bridges you burn light your way
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Nice pan. :-bd

I'd quite like that for egg frying at home.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

In Reverse wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 pm I've got the Evernew 0.4 / 0.75l set. Rarely use it so you're welcome to a borrow if you want to try it.

I use the same set. It's a lot cheaper to buy the Evernew stuff on Amazon from Japan, you can get that set for around £50 and don't pay import or shipping. I bought the Evernew Ti stove a few weeks ago, despite getting a delivery date of July it turned up four days later.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ebanyu-EVERNEW ... 158&sr=8-4
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

It's that time of year I suppose.

In a few weeks time there'll be lots of little Ti pots running around before taking wing...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

:lol:
ScotRoutes wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 pm It's that time of year I suppose.

In a few weeks time there'll be lots of little Ti pots running around before taking wing...
:-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Holy shitrabbits those evernews are expensive! Pretty much what I was looking for though.

(Amazon Japan option seems good)
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:42 pm Cheapest option is likely to be PlanetX but Alpkit do a nice one which comes with a non-stick Ti frying pan for £55.
https://www.alpkit.com/products/nostick-mytistax
Not so sure about them Planet X ones anymore. Isnt Ti meant to be scratch proof or something... the PX mug/pot I bought got scratches inside it from storing the stove in there!! Don't have much exp of ti utensils but, is this normal??... granted that ti bike frames and ti mugs obviously have differences in production etc etc
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yeah, Ti can stil be scratched but mostly the scratches are just superficial.
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

In Reverse wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 pm I've got the Evernew 0.4 / 0.75l set. Rarely use it so you're welcome to a borrow if you want to try it.

Same here - still look like new and 'cos they are tall and narrow (ish) they fit in a frame bag nicely too with a gas cannister inside and room above for some brew kit and other bits and pieces.
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
mikehowarth

Post by mikehowarth »

Another thumbs up for the Evernew stuff.

I've had the 0.9l for years and its still going strong despite melting the rubberised handles some time ago.

We've just bought the 1.3l pan for extended trips away, bought on Amazon Japan for a great price and arrived within a week :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I guess another option would be a mug that'll fit into a slightly bigger one of the pots. Doesn't need to be titanium.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Richard G wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm Doesn't need to be titanium.
Heresy! :grin:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Richard G wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm I guess another option would be a mug that'll fit into a slightly bigger one of the pots. Doesn't need to be titanium.
Beware that a lot of mugs (normal ceramic mug sized ones) will be too small to fit a canister, despite being small enough to fit inside the bigger (c.700ml) 'mug'/pot

It's one of the reasons I like meths, pack size is amazing! Gas much better for boiling larger quantities and/or faster boil times though. Also better for melting snow
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I don't do meths any more. I've lost count of the amount of times I've got it on my skin / food / cutlery / pot etc.

...yes, I appreciate that's because I suck, but you have to work to your limitations. :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:wink: somehow got the flavour of it in my porridge on WRT. Added an extra dimension to it I must say - I had to pretend it was vodka-flavoured. Might suggest it to Scott's actually.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'm quite liking the idea of a Ti Mug Pot 900 with a mug inside that'll fit a 100/110g gas canister.

I specifically like the pouring spout and measurement as it'll help me get my dry meals right!
RIP

Post by RIP »

"mug inside"... "measurement"... heh heh, I think I might give my "russian doll" breakfast kit another airing here then :smile: . Aim was to get one breakfast at under 200g. Ti 400ml pot (tiny!), Ti windshield, mug/pot/measurer (Morrison's cream pot with 100ml gradations!), 20ml fuel, matches, 18g Stu Hyperstove(TM), spork, stove mat, porage bag, ovaltine bag. Whole lot goes in the 400ml pot. Water from stream :wink: .

Image20190515_092227 by Chris Stevenson, on Flickr
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

The general idea is being able to have a coffee whilst the water is working its magic on my dry meal. Hence 800ml or so.

I'd definitely consider something similar for if I wanted to go fast in an area without much food though. Can that cream pot handle boiling water, or are you measuring before it goes in the mug?
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

While looking for something else and ran across this.
Don't know if available in uk?
https://www.rei.com/product/668927/snow ... ct-cookset
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh just remembered how nice my Snow Peak Ti stuff is, then also remembered who sells it. Not cheap but this could be ideal Richard - I have one and it's lovely as is all Japanese Ti generally.

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/snow-pea ... k-set.html
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I did have a look at the snow peak stuff, but sadly they don't have anything with a pouring lip.

Not essential obviously, but preferable.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Can that cream pot handle boiling water" - yep seems to. While 300ml water is boiling, chuck porage into cream pot. Twiddle thumbs, pack sleeping kit, look at scenery etc for 7 minutes. Boiling water into pot, leave for a minute. Shovel into gob. Then, ovaltine into cream pot, with rest of hot water from Ti mug. You get ovaltine with bits of porage in which is curiously pleasant. This method wouldn't fulfil your "coffee while meal hydrating" requirement though of course...

If feeling like a bit of luxury, also take milk in 330ml container (nicked from a school staff room), frozen and wrapped in foil, and boil that instead of / as well as water.

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, I don't do the morning eating thing. If I'm up, I'm packing and getting on with it.

Even though I have a complete coffee addiction I find it more motivating to ride myself to somewhere where they'll make it for me. :)