Nesting Ti Pots...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

psling

Re: Nesting Ti Pots...

Post by psling »

Even though I have a complete coffee addiction...
Well, being as Snowpeak has already been mentioned, I have had for some considerable time a rather lovely Snowpeak ti cafetiere thing. Won't do any of your other requirements but does make a smashing cup of coffee :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 pm Boiling water into pot, leave for a minute. Shovel into gob. Then, ovaltine into cream pot, with rest of hot water from Ti mug.
Why not just add the Ovaltine/hot chocolate/instant coffee to the remaining water in the Ti mug?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

In my experience that makes it harder to clean. I stopped putting chocolate in my Ti because it started getting welded on.

If you don't care about chocolatey meals I guess that's not an issue though. :cool:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Hmm, not a problem I've encountered so far. The only time I'm applying heat to the mug is to boil water, and I wipe it clean immediately after use. Will keep an eye on it though, ta.
RIP

Post by RIP »

I must admit I concur with RG - I've found it does tend to get welded on no matter how much grass I clean it with. I use the last dregs of the hot water to wash the plastic pot. Mixing the drink in the Ti, as well as the porage in the plastic, then rebuilding the russian doll afterwards without washing them leaves one with an amusing mess to clear up later...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster