Slipping in a borah gear bivi

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Slipping in a borah gear bivi

Post by middleagedmadness »

Meant to post this after WRT ,used the borah a few times and never really noticed myself ,and sleeping mat slipping through the night until on the WRT I found myself slipping under my tarp , ground was uneven but never experienced this with my helium ,any suggestions on how to stop the mat moving inside the bag before I loose my rag and put it on classifieds , cheers
Edit ,only got the 2 stake loops at the foot box ,like a eejit didn't realize I would need them added at the head end
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Slipping in a borah gear bivi

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Easy job to sew some loops to the head end Stu. Also, get some McNett Silnet and run some beads down on the floor of the bivvy ... dots work too :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Was thinking of some silicon blobs on the floor but wasn't 100% sure it wouldn't ruin the floor ,cheers stu will give it a try
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

I had the same problem, always sliding downhill in my bivvy. Lines of silnet on the base have improved it loads with no detrimental effects.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I bought a Thermarest NeoAir from someone on here and it came with several blobs of glue or clear silicone on the back of it. Initially I thought it was a bodged repair but I now see that it is an ingenious way of stopping slipping for minimal weight.
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

ChrisF wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:47 pm I had the same problem, always sliding downhill in my bivvy. Lines of silnet on the base have improved it loads with no detrimental effects.
ditto this.
Never knowingly under biked...
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

https://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/rico-so ... AcQAvD_BwE

Loads of products made to prevent knitted slippers slipping - paint like the one above or you can get a stuff called plasti-dip in a spray on can. A light layer of spray may be just enough - and quicker than painting