Pillow recommendations

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: Pillow recommendations

Post by benp1 »

I thought that ostrich pillow was a joke... it looks ridiculous!
psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 pm How is that 70 odd quid :shock: I've just tried putting one of these on my head, seemed to work fine and was only twenty quid.

How do you manage to keep the cat to stay in the right place all night? Still, could be useful dual-function getting it to bring in some fresh meat for mealtimes on a wildderness trip... :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

fret ye not there is a lightweight one -which surely must be bike packing friendly with a review - which oddly i read today with a WTF but he seems to like it

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... l-journeys
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh, if anyone is looking for a pillow and I'm always looking for the ultimate pillow, one of these arrived today.

There's an outer which has down inside so it's soft and comfy and inside that is an inner 'air core' which you could remove if you wanted and replace with damp socks and pants at bedtime. Not the smallest or lightest but nights are getting longer so I'll probably spend more time in my pit. Anyway, should be about £28 but less than a tenner at present on SP.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/pr ... id/1856916
May the bridges you burn light your way
composite

Post by composite »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:39 pm Ooh, if anyone is looking for a pillow and I'm always looking for the ultimate pillow, one of these arrived today.

There's an outer which has down inside so it's soft and comfy and inside that is an inner 'air core' which you could remove if you wanted and replace with damp socks and pants at bedtime. Not the smallest or lightest but nights are getting longer so I'll probably spend more time in my pit. Anyway, should be about £28 but less than a tenner at present on SP.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/pr ... id/1856916
It might just be the picture, it needs a matchbox for scale or something, but the pack size looks huge for a pillow!

I have used one of these cheap Quechua pillows for years and it has never failed me. £4 from Decathlon right now!

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's by no means the smallest packing pillow Neil and is probably a bit of a luxury (there I've said it :wink: ) but it appears to be very comfy. I'll throw a tape across it and see what size it is packed.

EDIT: in its bag, it's 21cm x 10cm but I reckon you could compress it further. Think 750ml bottle size.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I'm a Klymit Kush user as well (following Stu's recommendation a while ago). I wrap it in a buff folded three times and am a side sleeper and I find it decent (not as good as a real pillow but way better than nothing or a drybag with a few spare clothes squashed in it). I find the ear hole works well and as I often listen to music to pass the long dark evenings it also helps to prevent pressure building up from my ear buds. It's the best minimalist solution that I've tried so far.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The Kush has long being my pillow of choice but I saw the Sierra Designs down things and couldn't resist trying one - it's as though they were calling to me across cyberspace :wink: