Thank you.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Thank you.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Morning and I hope everyone who found themselves in deepest Wales returned home safely or are at least on their way.

Just a few brief thank you's before I return to a reclusive life within the confines of my workshop ...

Taylor, Matt, Chew and Si for all they do on Sat morning. They really help to make the start what it is and it's very much appreciated.

Peter for supplying the new and rather posh Weigh-in 'gallows ... and coming Friday afternoon to put them up.

Everyone who rose to Dee's cake challenge and arrived clutching foil and quality street tins. Your efforts prevented the great cake famine as foretold in the old testament - thank you.

All those companies who donated prizes. I don't think I had to ask anyone this year, they all skipped forward willingly and with a smile ... apologies if you suffered head injuries when I got over-excited throwing things out, I was caught up in the moment and health and safety was never a strong point.

All those people who brought / sent items for the Bring and Buy ... especially Niall who's idea it was and who convinced me to add it to the list of 'visitor attractions'.

John 'undulates' Climber and Steve 'here's a pub' Morgan for stepping forward to lead the LHC groups. Not an easy task chaps so well done .

Everyone who made the journey to the back of beyond and rode round it for a few days. You lot are the true super stars of the bikepacking world - don't forget it.

Thank you for not stabbing me to the lady who found a very realistic rubber dog turd in her dangling mug - sorry, I just couldn't resist and I only wish is that I'd caught your reaction on video.

... and lastly Dee. None of this happens without her because it simply couldn't.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Re: Thank you.

Post by Richard G »

Great stuff all, especially Stu and Dee.

Same again next year. :grin:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Thank you guys. Fantastic effort from you both putting this on for us and everyone else who put in effort for the bacon, cake, coffee etc. Fantastic, I said I'll be back in January, now it's just a given that if there's something on, I'm there.

Thank you.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thank you very much! Was my first experience of bikepacking and bivvying etc and safe to say it won't be the last. You live in a truly stunning and (happily?) overlooked part of the country and I'll definitely be back for a closer look. Thanks to all involved.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Another cracker, thanks Stuart, Dee and all supporters/enablers

Weather was good, no rain and clear, starry skies. It was nice to bump into folks along the way and we enjoyed many a pub/cafe
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Many, many thanks Stu and Dee for making this what it is over the last 11 years - and to all the help too.

I had a great weekend and had the pleasure of putting names to faces and faces to names....

Many thanks to the supporters/sponsors too... nice prize for me too :-) and I enjoyed your refreshing approach to HSE with the pointy trowels Stu... that put the world back on it's axis for a moment :-)
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Another fabulous WRT weekend.

Thank you for setting up such a good event and refuge for the pedalling unwashed.

Si
Mrs Burty

Post by Mrs Burty »

Thanks for great weekend Stu and Dee. Thanks for great company to all that turned up. :-bd
barney

Post by barney »

Ditto to what everyone else said.

Thanks Stu, Dee and everyone else who chips in (Taylor, Matt, Chew etc.)

Also big thanks to everyone for just being so friendly, it was really nice just wandering round BB Towers talking to new faces and old ones. :-bd
Wait for me...
RIP

Post by RIP »

PS. Seaside next year please - missed my ice-creams this year :cry: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

My first WRT and first proper bike packing event and loved every minute of it too, thanks to all who made possible :grin:
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Thanks Again Stu + Dee for the event, and everyone else who helped and I said hello to, too long a list to write... :-bd
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Belated thanks to Stu and Dee from me too - Nice to meet new faces and even better that everyone is cheerful and having fun.
Also sincere thanks to The Undulator for his organisation. It was like watching Napoleon's campaign on the Danube.
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

Thanks Stu and Dee for a lovely laughs, cakes, tea and lovely weekend in the hills.

Some photos of our ride here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ztTnLaXoka4bvWHu7