Transalp video

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

journeyman

Transalp video

Post by journeyman »

Belgium's answer to Barry Godin has released another slick, if long, edit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4vc_2yAPw
TheBrownDog

Re: Transalp video

Post by TheBrownDog »

Meh ... 20 minutes of beautiful views, desperately tough climbs etc etc etc ... I don't doubt he's a tough as a tough thing (that is a lot of going up hill in a short time, and it takes a special kind of dedication to film yourself shouldering your bike up a crag) and has remarkable resilience and skills (check out some of the stuff he rides down while wielding his selfie stick)

But he just looks too clean to me. I get dirtier in a 20min ride to the shops. And where is his camping gear? I fast forwarded through most of it because it was making me feel uncomfortably inadequate, but I didn't see anything of his overnight approach. I'm gonna guess he was stopping off in places where he could shower.

Reckon MaM needs to invite him along on his Sept Big Bear assault (if I read that correctly over on t'other thread)

That is all

EDIT: I'm missing the point, aren't I?
I'm just going outside ...
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

:lol: Yep too squeeky clean. Spanish videos of his though are really good. Im off to clean my bike...
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Why would you try to sleep on the ground when there are networks of great huts-with-a-view that will give you a comfortable bed and decent meal?

Perhaps I’m missing the point...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Why would you try to sleep on the ground when there are networks of great huts-with-a-view that will give you a comfortable bed and decent meal?
Perhaps because for many people that's an enjoyable part of the bikepacking experience? Some might say an integral part even?
May the bridges you burn light your way
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm Why would you try to sleep on the ground when there are networks of great huts-with-a-view that will give you a comfortable bed and decent meal?

Perhaps I’m missing the point...
i only go bikepacking because i enjoy camping outside,hearing the gas stove burning,cooking food and drinking whiskey whilst i admire the views.the riding in between the camps is a way of meeting new people and sampling cafe food.

maybe you could change your name to zerodarkhut :mrgreen: