Rockshox Rebound Adjuster

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Rockshox Rebound Adjuster

Post by sean_iow »

I've fitted the suss fork to the bike and have adjusted the initial setting based on the recommendation on the Rockshox App. I've only ridden to work but will give them a better test on the way home.

The rebound adjuster on the SIDs is removable, so do I take it out or leave it in? And if I leave it in will it stay there? I don't want to leave it in if it's likely to fall out and get lost? But does it blank off/fill a hole when it's in place?

I noticed it's oily but I assume that's just from when the forks were assembled and they coat everything in oil as the fit they parts to ease assembly and prevent corrosion?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
u02sgb

Re: Rockshox Rebound Adjuster

Post by u02sgb »

Mine is left in. There's an o ring and a metal clip around the bit it attaches to. Seems to keep it secure.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

older ones - say 10 years old had a tendency to fall out - none of my newer ones [ 5 years old and newer] have ever lost theirs
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Cheers chaps, I knew in the back of my mind there was an issue with them falling out but the last set of rockshox I had would have been on a bike over 4 years ago and they were second hand when I got them. They were 26" which is and indication of how old they were :lol: I'll leave it in as it's no longer an issue.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger