Pls can you measure me drop/reach on your road calipers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Pls can you measure me drop/reach on your road calipers

Post by redefined_cycles »

So I've hit somewhat a deadend as my DA 7900 calipers dont fit my swanky new (to me) Legend Bertoletti Steel (is real) frameset... problem being that the drop of the calipers is too short...

Will need to go for something else (obviously) and my first option/preference is some r8000 cakipers cos they have good tyre clearance aswell.

Unfortunately Shimano didnt think people would like to know their reach/drop figures and the limited sites that do state drop, dont tell which extreme they're talking or is it the middle of the range (so pads could move further 5mm either way).

The drop/reach I require is 54mm. R8000 are quoted as 51mm in some places and if this is their middle postion then I could squeeze the required rech out of em.

Anyone got these (or similar... maybe some r9100 or r9000) calipers and able to do a little measur8ng for me. Would be much appreciated (you kind hearted BearBoned sole you)...
:-bd
Lazarus

Re: Pls can you measure me drop/reach on your road calipers

Post by Lazarus »

i dont have them but if you let me know where /how to measure i can nip into Merlin and measure some for you - probably tuesday before i can get there mind
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thanks Johnnie... I think I found my answer (which is that it seems the drop stated is the maximum drop which means at 51mm its not enough)...

Have decided to therefore go for these lovelies which are apprently are apparently very happy around gravelly stuff...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gravel ... rakes/amp/
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

SJS usually state the drop of the road callipers they sell.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brakes-caliper/
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC