Bivi trousers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alec

Bivi trousers

Post by Alec »

Im after some advice on bivi trousers, more specifically what you wear to bivi in. Im thinking of using my quilt for the wrt which is going to be on the cold side so after some suitable leg wear. My options as i see it are to go with something like rab powerstretch/patagonia r1 tights or some synthetic insulated ultralight shell trousers. I dont want down trousers as id prefer multiuse.
What would people recommend?
ScotRoutes

Re: Bivi trousers

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ronhill Tracksters of course!

Don't discount a pair of silk boxers either. Nice, light, comfy and ideal for under whatever you end up with or on their own if it's warm enough.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I use some thermal long johns. Just something dry really to change in to after riding that will protect your bag/quilt.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

some long johns which would double as an emergency set of tights if i needed them
its nice to have something warm , clean and dry to wear at night [ would not take if I was at race weight where i would just wear my cycling gear - probably leg warmers in summer ]
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Under armour LS base and leggings. Very light and very stretchy. I don't use a liner
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I have been using OEX go outdoors thermals since I started in November. They're comfortable and spear to be warm enough. I did however use them in conjunction with pajama bottoms (no joke) on my solo bivvy in Snowdonia last month and I was super toasty. Before I used PJs i had just used them on their own and cycled in them the next day, but I was using a sleeping bag.

I'm yet to try my quilt, which I hope will be getting used at the WRT...

Can only advise on them with a bag, but hopefully after 3 days I will have a better opinion if I've used my quilt.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'm actually considering silk pyjama trousers as a bivvy option (I already take silk boxers). Mostly as a bag "liner" as opposed to something for sitting around in. Silk liners are just so much faff when you get up in the middle of the night for a pee.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

That is so true. A silk onesie would actually make a lot of sense. (Can’t believe I just typed that.)
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Charliecres wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 am That is so true. A silk onesie would actually make a lot of sense. (Can’t believe I just typed that.)
Can't believe I just googled it

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/silk-o ... r-men.html
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'm sure Stu could get some printed up in manly colours - or with a bear on 😁
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:54 am I'm sure Stu could get some printed up in manly colours - or with a bear on 😁
It's a onsie, so it would have to have a hood styled like a bear - complete with ears
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

There's a panda option...
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I would love to see the look on a farmers face ,on discovering 30 people, all illegally camped on their land emerging from various shelters in the same bear onesie
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Lazarus wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:54 am I would love to see the look on a farmers face ,on discovering 30 people, all illegally camped on their land emerging from various shelters in the same bear onesie
He might be as surprised as this guy...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OD4xbU2nov