Which .GPX Site Do You Use?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Which .GPX Site Do You Use?

Post by Escape Goat »

Hey all

Until recently, I didn't know that Komoot changes your routes to match ways they know of, meaning that when I attempt my first ITT I will be either adding miles on, heading off route, or other.

I've asked Komoot if they can advise on uploading a route made with anything other than Komoot is it possible to keep the exact route twice. They haven't replied (the second time was within the last hour so I can't complain about that).

As most of us know, Strava is a little bit rubbish for importing routes made elsewhere, but lets say the JennRide2019 I'm on...you can do whatever you want, I get that, but Richard has built the route because it takes us on the best possible ways...I upload it to Komoot and POW it's messed up.

I'm using a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and wouldn't mind a little bit of input. This first came to light when I uploaded the route from John on the LHC ride.

Correct JennRide 2019

ImageScreen Shot 2019-04-27 at 11.10.33 by Escape Goat, on Flickr

Komooted Messup JennRide

ImageScreen Shot 2019-04-27 at 11.10.50 by Escape Goat, on Flickr

:-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Which .GPX Site Do You Use?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bikehike - I can use it, it's idiot proof.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:09 pm Bikehike - I can use it, it's idiot proof.

Sounds right up my street. Cheers!
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

In my experience, Komoot *does* ask if you want to "Stick to original route" or "Match route to known ways" when you import a GPX. At least, it does so on the web site.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

quimarche wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 am In my experience, Komoot *does* ask if you want to "Stick to original route" or "Match route to known ways" when you import a GPX. At least, it does so on the web site.

It does and still changes the route..it's driving me crazy.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'm not sure I understand your predicamrent mate. If you have a .gpx file why can't you just upload it straight to your device - why do you need a website?
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

In Reverse wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:34 pm I'm not sure I understand your predicamrent mate. If you have a .gpx file why can't you just upload it straight to your device - why do you need a website?

As far as I'm aware, wahoo need a 3rd party app for loading gpx files. I'll research this a bit more.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Doesn't seem to be the case:
Import File:
Tap to open instructions on how to import a GPX or TCX file to your ELEMNT BOLT:
  • *Select a GPX/TCX file from a website, email attachment, dropbox folder, etc.
    *Tap on the GPX/TCX file, select ‘open in’.
    *Select ‘Copy to ELEMNT’.
NOTE:Your ELEMNT BOLT must have wifi connection and you must be logged into your Wahoo Fitness account.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

In Reverse wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:27 pm Doesn't seem to be the case:
Import File:
Tap to open instructions on how to import a GPX or TCX file to your ELEMNT BOLT:
  • *Select a GPX/TCX file from a website, email attachment, dropbox folder, etc.
    *Tap on the GPX/TCX file, select ‘open in’.
    *Select ‘Copy to ELEMNT’.
NOTE:Your ELEMNT BOLT must have wifi connection and you must be logged into your Wahoo Fitness account.
Bloody brilliant. Assumption didn't get me too far. I'll have a go at this tonight. Thank you for your help!
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I use Ridewithgps.com with mine. Just create or import a supplied GPX, pin it to your favourites and when you got to "Route" on the device click "Sync" and all your pinned GPX will be downloaded. :-bd
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

johnnystorm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 pm I use Ridewithgps.com with mine. Just create or import a supplied GPX, pin it to your favourites and when you got to "Route" on the device click "Sync" and all your pinned GPX will be downloaded. :-bd

another ridewithgps fan here.
Image Image