Hello All,

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ozboz

Hello All,

Post by ozboz »

Hi , I am new to Bearbones, but not new to cycling and outdoor living,
I have been toying with getting a more suitable bike for on/off road riding so I can make the most of the bikepacking tours I have in mind, my first jaunt will be from Newcastle to Berwick , then head I a SWdirection through the National Park and Kielder Forest and on to St Bees, if I have any legs left possibly due South to Blackpool then on to Oldham to my Brothers , time is not an issue so could/should be quite a nice tour , first thing , a Bike , I’ve got my on a couple at the mo , but got to get a few day jobs finished to add some beer tokens into the coffers , ok then ,
Catch you Later
benp1

Re: Hello All,

Post by benp1 »

Welcome aboard mate. Sounds like a fun ride
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

if I have any legs left possibly due South to Blackpool
Able to provide routes for that area - though i cannot think of much reason to head there - it is pancake flat with next to nothing off road.
Welcome and enjoy [ oh to have the freedom to not have to care about the time
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Welcome!

If you're planning to start your first ride in Newcastle, I guess you might be local to me so I might be able to help with kit or route knowledge or whatever (though it sounds like you probably know your way round already). Just give us a shout on here.

Dave
ozboz

Post by ozboz »

Thanks for replies, I’m hoping the ride will be enjoyable , of course the weather will be all important as I’m looking at mainly sleeping rough-shot . I am actually from Manchester originally, but live near London now , Im starting off from Newcastle for two reasons , first to go and see my Mate , he’s a Jarrow Man , the other is to visit the Showers Pass, US waterproof cycling clothing and accessories distributor based in South Sheilds, (I lived there on and off for a while , ) on the ferry to N Shields and away. I am semi retired now so that’s why I have time up my sleeve ,
I am after some pointers on ways through the Northumberland NP so will be back on nearer the time , ok then , Cheers