What base layer?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

metalheart

What base layer?

Post by metalheart »

Please excuse the banality.

Discussions on my recent bikepacking trip turned to (stinking) baselayers and the fact that both my regular longsleeve ones are probably 20 years old... and could probably do with replacing... :lol:

What do people recommend. I'm a bit of a bloater so skin tight sub standard ain't gonna look good/just ride up anyways.

I'm Aberdonian so don't come on here with yer fancy expensive nonsense either... :grin: I don't mind paying for something that's decent but you ahve to draw the line somewhere...
Give the dirt a little room.
lune ranger

Re: What base layer?

Post by lune ranger »

metalheart wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 am I'm Aberdonian so don't come on here with yer fancy expensive nonsense either... :grin: I don't mind paying for something that's decent but you ahve to draw the line somewhere...
Gotta be a string vest ... :lol:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Gotta be a string vest ... :lol:
So, how do you know me? :oops:

As I was ordering a bunch of other stuff I added an enduro baselayer. It was (relatively) cheap... (obvs)
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Bit of a bloater and tightfist here too , I still use helly lifer ,not anything posh but just seem to fit and work for me
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Ironically, I changed from Hellehanson to Berghaus 20 years ago (I found they shrank and got wiffy quickly. Have they changed since then?
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Had mine about 5 years ,hasn't shrunk and it does get a bit smelly but only after a few days of hard slogging ,I don't buy any of those posh mixed material things just the basic lifer , got a couple of Berghaus t shirts made from their argitinium or what ever it's called and I find they get whiffy quite quickly ( even though advertised as not,bought them as I sweat like a fiddler who got a job as a lollipop man) :lol: