Best adaptor for adding extra bottle cage to undercarriage

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Best adaptor for adding extra bottle cage to undercarriage

Post by redefined_cycles »

So been looking at using a proper bottle cage under the Canyon to carry spare bottle (instead of my Voile straps (uk Green off course). Thwres the zefal thing : https://www.google.com/amp/s/road.cc/co ... ount%3famp

But does anyone have any experience or suggestions of a more quality bit of adapting. Want soemthing that will take the bottle cages straight in with screws (my under down tube doesnt have holes to take spare cage)...

What say thee? :-bd
ScotRoutes

Re: Best adaptor for adding extra bottle cage to undercarriage

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've used the Decathlon one on a set of forks. It was fine.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-univers ... 39445.html
Last edited by ScotRoutes on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

The "Gizmo Universal" (rather than the one you've linked to) looks pretty straightforward, and fits your criteria of using the cage bolts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkh6XxFXWxI
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Getting rid off some elite ones if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14450
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

One slightly tangential option is a beerbabe downtube bag - not cheap but keeps the bottle clean.
redefined_cycles

Thanks for the BeerBabe option but it'll be a bit tight on the frame as theres not much clearance between wheel and downtube all the way along (the roadie).

Besides, cost was an issue and BB is probs well above my current budget.

TNW thanks for the offer of them Elite ones but (based upon your mention) I managed to find some from halfrauds for 4 quid and gonna go and collect in a bit. If it works well with the roadie, then I may be back (pending fitment on the mtb) to grab a set of yours for the Sonder (but will probably have sold by then as the amount of exposure of recently will m3an that everyone is rearing to buy and your inbox should be inundated with messages just about now (hopefully).. :-bd

Thanks all kind (and tough as cows feet) you kind people...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I've had a pair of the cheap plastic elite ones on my solaris for years now. Have survived everything that's been thrown at them!
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:45 pm Thanks for the BeerBabe option but it'll be a bit tight on the frame as theres not much clearance between wheel and downtube all the way along (the roadie).

Besides, cost was an issue and BB is probs well above my current budget.

TNW thanks for the offer of them Elite ones but (based upon your mention) I managed to find some from halfrauds for 4 quid and gonna go and collect in a bit. If it works well with the roadie, then I may be back (pending fitment on the mtb) to grab a set of yours for the Sonder (but will probably have sold by then as the amount of exposure of recently will m3an that everyone is rearing to buy and your inbox should be inundated with messages just about now (hopefully).. :-bd

Thanks all kind (and tough as cows feet) you kind people...

No worries. The path to my door has remained resolutely un-beaten, so they're still here if you want them.
redefined_cycles

:-bd

Thanks buddy
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

ditto on the decathlon one. I've used it on both forks and outside of the downtime to carry a cage and tool bottle. It's back plate is slightly curved, so if you use it on square carbon frame you might need a tiny bit of old tube to make it a bit flatter. I've not bothered as I've always put in on and then put wide cable ties round the straps before fixing the cage on. They have never moved even with almost a kg load on proper DH speed runs.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-univers ... rYQAvD_BwE
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ive just paid 4.99 for a zefal adaptor off amazon for my cage to get it lower down the frame. Hammered some rocky trails on the cx bike this week and it didnt move once so solid!! Or i have a monkey cage for sale if u want something more bottle cage orientated
redefined_cycles

Thanks Mike... am all sorted as managed to get the elite one mentioned on here for 4 quid from Halfrods. Its running nice (if a bit thick) on the doen tubr and managed to get a 600ml camelbak bottle in there... which is plenty as it'll only be used/filled up in emergencies on saturdays double century ride... :-bd