B150 route

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

biggaygibbon

B150 route

Post by biggaygibbon »

So in terms of the route for this years group start I can either use the one I had ready for last year (the 2017 edition) or a revamped version that utilises some great singletrack that is also unfortunately footpath. In the past I have kept the route strictly on bridleway but it does miss out on some of the best riding in the SW.

What do peeps think?
lune ranger

Re: B150 route

Post by lune ranger »

Bridleway only please.
Whatever people's personal views on E&W access and RoW law is, I think an 'event' should be keeping off footpaths.
I realise that in itself is a bit of grey area as the law says no racing/timed riding/etc on bridleway. However there is only a few folk riding B150 and to the outside viewer we're not competing as such. Riding on footpaths on a BH weekend in an area such as NDevon and Exmoor is asking for conflict.
This is of course my own opinion...
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Also. Thanks a lot for putting the time into organising the event Ben. :-bd
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Whatever people's personal views on E&W access and RoW law is, I think an 'event' should be keeping off footpaths.
I realise that in itself is a bit of grey area as the law says no racing/timed riding/etc on bridleway. However there is only a few folk riding B150 and to the outside viewer we're not competing as such. Riding on footpaths on a BH weekend in an area such as NDevon and Exmoor is asking for conflict.
i'm not riding but I completely agree.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

biggaygibbon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 am So in terms of the route for this years group start I can either use the one I had ready for last year (the 2017 edition) or a revamped version that utilises some great singletrack that is also unfortunately footpath. In the past I have kept the route strictly on bridleway but it does miss out on some of the best riding in the SW.

What do peeps think?
I think that for any public "event" the route should be legal. Riding cheeky stuff is fine if it's you and a couple of mates but publishing such a route is just opening yourself up to criticism and trouble. Also you and your mates might want to ride those footpaths again so if one of us off-comers messes it up for you ... If the landowner(s) gave permission in the way that they do for the Ard Rock event in Swaledale then by all means include it with the caveat that it's B150 weekend and riders only.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
pete68

Post by pete68 »

I'm riding and agree with the previous comments. Rather keep it fully legal for an event of any type.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

I’d be interested in a copy of the route with the singletrack variants in please. Looking at doing it in the summer with some mates.