Who’s brand ‘loyal’ ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Re: Who’s brand ‘loyal’ ?

Post by techno »

zero brand loaylty here, i buy whatever falls in the centre of the available/cheap/quality venn diagram. :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I think the point is that hat some companies do that consistently so there is little risk on the quality front - something that might only become apparent after purchase / delivery / use.
techno

Post by techno »

ScotRoutes wrote:I think the point is that hat some companies do that consistently so there is little risk on the quality front - something that might only become apparent after purchase / delivery / use.
That's true and the reputation of a brand may influence a purchase. But the availability and more importantly the price will ultimately dictate my purchase. So it's a weighted Venn diagram if such a thing exists.

Actually, I like kmc chains. But will buy SRAM if they're cheaper. Or wipperman. Or sunrace. So no loyalty there either really.
rando nomad

Post by rando nomad »

Loyal when it comes to shorts/chamois. Once you find one that fits just right, you don't want to give it up. Shirt/jerseys, not so much. Parts are hit and miss, mostly go off price.
General outdoor gear- used to be loyal to Patagonia, but their fit changed and lately I'm more likely to look to Arcteryx or such.