WRT bring and buy.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

WRT bring and buy.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Many thanks to Niall for this suggestion .... in an effort to both raise extra money AND rid you of those things you keep meaning to sell but really can't be bothered to, there's going to be a WRT bring and buy sale. 'Tis a simple concept but one that still requires some explaining.

1/ Between now and the WRT, have a look for those cycle / outdoor items that you never use / don't fit / you don't get on with but you think someone else might like.

2/ Attach a label / sticker / bit of masking tape with the price written on. Be realistic and reasonable about pricing - in this instance, it's much better to sell something than not.

3/ Fetch your items along with you and deposit them on the allocated table in the yard when you arrive.

4/ If there's an item you'd like to buy, simply put the money for the item in the box and job's a good 'un.

5/ You don't need to have brought items to sell in order to buy something but the more folk who do bring stuff to sell, the better for all. Remember to bring some money as that elusive thing you always wanted might just be there waiting for you.

So, please get digging through the shed / garage / under the bed - and hopefully we can raise a few quid.
May the bridges you burn light your way
NorwayCalling

Re: WRT bring and buy.

Post by NorwayCalling »

So... just to make sure...for the hard of learning like... you bring kit, price it up, plonk on table, it sells, the money goes to the Air Ambo (not the person)... and any stuff that remains unsold goes...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So... just to make sure...for the hard of learning like... you bring kit, price it up, plonk on table, it sells, the money goes to the Air Ambo (not the person)... and any stuff that remains unsold goes...
Well, that depends. People are welcome to take it back or it could all go in a big box until the following year by which time many items will have no doubt become highly sought after collectors pieces. All other points are correct :wink:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

What if someone wanted to forward kit (stuff like camelbak cosies, dura ace, xt mechs etc etc)... could one do such a thing in the hope that someone at the WRT might happily bung some prices on themselves... :-bd I reckon I could make a decentish nox and post it down as Ait Ambulance being a wlrthwhile cause and helps me with my continuing (but slow) clearout!...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

could one do such a thing in the hope that someone at the WRT might happily bung some prices on themselves...
One could always do that and it would be gratefully received :-bd
redefined_cycles

Excellent... big clearout coming up and over...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Great idea,

Please can you remind us all a week before the event and a couple of days beforehand for those hard of memory?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I will John.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Can I suggest that if you are bringing anything that might suggest more than a tenner in the pot, that you post your item here so that anyone who might want it brings enough readies?

I'm bringing a pair of MT71 SPD Shimano shoes in a 10, tried on but never used as I never got around to buying any SPD pedals. Don't think they make them now but they are effectively brand new. £130 when they were on sale, around £75 when they were being discounted and so I'm going to suggest around £30 as a minimum donation.
redefined_cycles

Front Powertap hub for road bike 32H (used but not by me, I just removed it from the wheelset and rebuilt the rim)

2 × everyones favourite super strong fork cage bags (Podsacs 5L) one of which I opened and tried with 3 or 4 litres of water and it held together... other is unopen

UVEX I-vo glasses with the yellow tint

Selcof bottle cage. Plasticy and looking a bit sorry for itself

Various mechs (front Ultegra and a Dura Ace as well as an XT m770 for 3×9)

An xt deore rear 11 speed shifter window which I removed to allow some bar ends to sit inboard

Truvativ Team 90 (or 85mm) stem which was one of my lightest in days gone by (131g to be precise). Missing one front plate bolt

Dt swiss skewers. Front a rear. They're a bit special and look like this althiugh the rear has the DT Swiss badge missing (fronts like this https://picclick.com/A-Fine-DT-Swiss-9m ... 03593.html) and (rear like this http://www.wheelbuilder.com/product.php?productid=17389)

Tubus quick release skewer thingy with fixings to attach to your rack: Extends your rear axle to accept their rack if you aint got the rack mounts in yer frame.

TigerUltra 135mm stem in carbon laminate. Its a bit special and Italian thing (by Pinarello) and looks new and 160g (this badboy https://glorycycles.com/most-tiger-ultra-3k-stem/)

Skewer set but the security version where it takes an allen key to unwind it out (135mm and 100mm)... Never got round to using it. Probably KCNC or similar

A random Sealskinz glove (right hand) Windproof. L or XL. Hoping someone might have the matching L hand for it as its too good nick to have thrown away. Been sat many a year hoping for its match one day so they can falll in love

A Conti GP 4 seasons road tyre (please don't ask details :lol: )... its 700c times 28c

A Charge spoon saddle with a scuffed nose and some Crikey, how much pink hidden near its rails (its gender neutral :| )

A nice cane creek seatpost shim (27.2 to 29.6)

This https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2927702690 in 44cm

A Hope seatpin quick release (the one with the crap design for the knurled end... 31.8

A Thomson steerer spacer (to make your retro frame and fork worok with an oversized stem (the steerer bit) makes the 25.4mm steerer sit nicely inside a 28.6mm stem (I'm sure I had 2 of these so if anyone did want then please say and I will chase and try find the other one too)

Another randon seatpin (retro GT) in 32 flavour

An halffinger iglove (back of palm lights up if you press it) but if anyone might be interested then speak and i shall find the other (otherwise the bin) never been worn...

Garmin edge bar mount with rubber grommet (the simpler version)

Couple of CO2 canisters and the cartirdge holder thing that alllows you not to use the full lot

Various splined olden days bottom brackets (shimano ES30 73 to 121 and Shimano ES25 68-121mm and another es25 73 to 121 etc etc etc)

Deore lx m570 shifter (2 of in 3 speed front flavour) and a standard depre set (again 3 times 9)

VDO x2dw bike computer (blooming lovely it used to be)... might try and pop some batts in there for you but should work fine if I didn't (once you did)

Middleburn ring which I bought off Ian Barrington but never used and its new (cr7942 slick shift)

Cateye TLD510 (cant believe the batt still not dead after being sat for over a year in shed!!... bring a cpuple AAAs if you wana use straight out as its got the quick mount bracket with)

1L alu cooking pot (OEX or whatever from GoOutdoors)... bit stained at bottom as I tried cooking some eggs in in probs

Couple of notavtex campag freehub bodies (just need bearings swapping and should be good to go... were taken off my Powertap hub which I eventually got sick of)

Couple packs of Uberbike pads in the packets. In the Kevlar version (I plan to upgrade my Elixirs next time pads are worn as one of the master cylinders seems to be gone!)

C9tton Bacom (basically high quality cooton wool for vape wicks... but sending forth for WRT for yours cooking burner thingies ...). Made in the USA I'll have you know

Is that too much info :o and does anyone fancy tsking it down for me and save me lots of lovely postage!!
Oh... A Bontrager Select 25mm rise oversize clamp section handlebar... 630mm

Happy pricing upping...