If you had ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: If you had ...

Post by redefined_cycles »

Sleeper train down to Lands end (whatever is the bottom end of uk and ride it back nicely to mine...)

Option 2. Get a train to Scarborough and go do The Crossing... off road to Lancaster and back again.... might not need 2 weeks but steady away...
breff
Location: Lancaster.... "Not the Yorkshire, Not the Yorkshire!"

Post by breff »

I'm in Lancaster so I'd head out the door on the bike. Over to Kirkby Stephen and up towards County Durham. Explore in a North and West direction and then back down to the Lake district for the pleasure of being there. I'd try not to plan distances, rather have the time to stay in one bit as long as I want, and move on whenever I felt like it.
At the pace of sailing ships and bicycles.
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I've received a copy of this today, which is now giving me an obvious idea :wink:

Oh man, this should’ve been a PSA. ORDERED!

Hailing from deepest darkest Aberdeenshire I have a love for the Neolithic artefacts. Home of the recumbent stone circle.

A tour around the old haunts (and new to me sites) that would be a good way to spend a fortnight <sigh> Some tasters from my past here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsiDfh38r

I suspect that the northern Scotland section will get a good thumbing and inspiration for bivvy trips for the future.
Give the dirt a little room.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Oh man, this should’ve been a PSA.
I would have but didn't think there'd be any great interest. Anyway, cracking book which not only contains lots of big stones but nice pictures too and other interesing stuff :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way