Slowly getting there

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bish

Slowly getting there

Post by Bish »

Hi,
I joined this forum a couple of years ago when I was planning to start doing some overnighters but unfortunately life got in the way and it never happened.
Fast forward to now and its looking like in going to have the spare time to actually do it now.
I've just received a parcel full of goodies from wildcat and I've got a few other bits too, but the main things I'm in need of are a shelter ( I'm erring towards a tent) and a sleeping bag.
Are there any suggestions for these for a big guy (6'4" and broad) hopefully around £200 for the shelter £100 for the bag.
Anyway thats enough rambling I'm off to do some forum searching to hopefully pick up some knowledge.
Cheers Bish.
redefined_cycles

Re: Slowly getting there

Post by redefined_cycles »

Go to the Bargain Alert Thread for bags (some offers of MH Hyperlamina down to 81 on one blurb...)... shelters, there's a thread going at the moment called "new biv day" or summst like that... very informative and helped me decide on what to get (along with enduring a 15 degree ride which turned into 3 degree C overnight)... I endured patiently before getting up and riding home at 3am :grin:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I'm 6'3, my two tents that are carryable are a tarptent scarp 1 and a wild country zephyros 2xl. Both have enough room for me. The latter is cheaper and bigger, though heavier. I'm not sure if it's still made though. Definitely have enough room for you

If you'd consider shelters then a MLD supermid or a trailstar would also fit you fine
ton

Post by ton »

6ft 4 and huge here.

alpkit ordos 2 tent is perfect for me,
Bish

Post by Bish »

Thats good to know Ton, I will put that on the short list. Any recommendations on sleeping bags for a big un?