I may have just reserved myself an ex demo e-mtb

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dr Nick

I may have just reserved myself an ex demo e-mtb

Post by Dr Nick »

So... inspired by Pickers' enjoyment of his new e-mtb we had a family hiring e-mtbs day in the New Forest just before Christmas for my 50th.

I was worried thst they'd remove the sense of achievement but boy was I wrong. By being pedal assist and not just purely electric it still felt 'proper' :-bd

As a life long asthmatic recently re-diagnosed as having mild copd I've always been *really* crap at hills, so it was a revalation to go uphill at 25kmh having a conversation and not be out of breath.

We're shortly going to move from Oxfordshire to Hay on Wye which isn't short on hills.

Checking out my new LBS in Hay - Drover's cycles - they had a moustache e-mtb demo bike.
Not a brand I knew - French, e-mtb only, with some nice design touches.

The demo is a women's model a trail 4W. A more then good enough mid range spec, which fits me well, and I now have first refusal in Nov when they sell it off. Final price will depend on how much use it's had but will be in the region of c40% and fully serviced.

I know it may go against the self-sufficient ethos to a degree, but I'm dead excited. And I guess it means I'll have to factor in more cafe time to keep it charged so an all round win!
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Bearbonesnorm

Re: I may have just reserved myself an ex demo e-mtb

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I know it may go against the self-sufficient ethos to a degree
I'm not sure it does. It feels to be outside of that sphere and a different thing altogether ... like most of us, I'd rather see folk riding than not :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

You're buying a girls bike? :grin:

I've only ridden an e-bike once and I thought it was great! Converting my brompton to an e bike would be a winner
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Nice one Nick!
like most of us, I'd rather see folk riding than not :wink:
:-bd
I'll have to factor in more cafe time
:-bd

Whether folks like them or not, they're bloody good fun!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike