The money no object thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ScotRoutes

Re: The money no object thread

Post by ScotRoutes »

Can my all-conditions commuter also be my gravel bike (not that I commute now)? If not, I'll have an Albannach Torragar.

The custom Ti bikepacking bike is already in the garage.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

benp1 wrote:Plus a triple garage with space for a fun car, some motorbikes, some bicycles and a workshop

Oh and a house big enough to comfortably have a full size snooker table
This makes me so happy. As a kid all I ever wanted was a snooker table. I genuinely watched Hurricane Higgins in black and white.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

ScotRoutes wrote:Gulp.

Size?
I wasn't being that serious, but will probably sell the frame in a couple of months. PM if interested. It's size M, a first gen Muru Witjira. I still have the original geo numbers.

Dream trip requires an adequate bike. Easy.
Best justification for stuffing the house full with gear.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

middleagedmadness wrote:Never really thought of it to be honest , my wife and daughter yes they often come out with if I had the cash , but me and the youngfella are a bit if it's not broken or worn out I don't need it ,and that's not being frugal if I see a need for something and the cash is available I buy it,maybe I should start thinking more like the wife but a the moment I'm happy in my own little world( oh and time I'm also fine for ,only work 5 months of the year and if I need more time off I've got 6 months full sick pay to use :-bd )
5 montsh a year, that's the dream right there! What do you do?
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Alpinum wrote:
In Reverse wrote:I'd quite like a hot air balloon.

And one of those nice BMC carbon softails with a Lauf fork on it.
If you have a friend who sells them and used to race them himself, you may not be wanting one. The black rubber - for complicated reasons I simply can't call it's name - in the seatstay has a very short lifespan and looses it's inital properties fast, leaving you with a knocking and loose sensation.
This is not a concern to me (and my already loose back end) Gian - as money is no object I'll just buy another. Tell your mate he's going to be doing a lot of business. :cool: