Burrally 2019 I'm In Anyone Else Interested?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

pistonbroke

Burrally 2019 I'm In Anyone Else Interested?

Post by pistonbroke »

I missed this last year but have entered this year's group start on April 15th, it is a 700km/5 day route loosely following the border of the Province of Valencia starting from the coastal town of Vinaros 50km S of where I live and finishing in Xativa, 100km S of Valencia. Chicken Legs of this parish rode the route last March and recommended it to me. If anyone fancies it I can help with logistics, MrsPB is flying to Manchester from Reus on the 14th, returning on the 21st so I can collect anyone flying from Manchester, Liverpool or Birmingham on Sunday or even Stanstead or Luton on Saturday. The what bike conundrum applies here, it's apparently similar to the TNR with a chunky gravel bike being the best compromise but a fast 29er probably the safe/comfort option. It's not a big event with 30-40 expected at the group start. I've done bits of the route and it has a good smattering of medieval towns, castles etc as well as 2,000m altitude sections to make it a proper challenge.
There's an English translation on the website https://burrally.wordpress.com
This is in the 1st 100km, stunning place.
ZeroDarkBivi

Re: Burrally 2019 I'm In Anyone Else Interested?

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Looks fab, but won’t know when I can take leave until mid March!
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Understand Craig, new job and all that. On closer inspection of the website, they are limiting it to 30 but I vaguely know the organiser and it may be possible to squeeze another rider in especially from overseas. There's 13 signed up atm, I'll keep an eye on how it progresses. Be good to see you, barring this, there's always the C2C in May.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Would like to make it over for this, couldn't last year but maybe able to ride this and Ernesto's route this spring.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Alas, I'm in the US while that's on. Timing for me seems to be awful this year! :lol:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

maybe able to ride this and Ernesto's route this spring.
That would make a grand day out!
I forgot to mention for those of a Southern persuasion, there's a service from Stanstead to Castellon which is the airport that time forgot and is quite handy for the start of the Burrally, being nowhere near the city of Castellon.I've also thought about turning the Burrally into a circular trip and riding the 250km back to Vinaros via Valencia and the Via Augusta Roman road. There's a gravel route following this which has been created by a guy I've ridden with a few times. There's also a good train connection if it takes longer than expected.