Thank you.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Thank you.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thank you to everyone who came to ride this weekend. Always good to catch up with the veterans but also nice to meet new faces. Deepest sympathies to those who nearly made it but were unable to at the last minute - your efforts are duly noted

If anyone would like to post any pictures or whatever, I believe Reg has started a thread on the appropriate page.

I would also very much like to thank Dee - some of you will know that I knackered my back earlier this week which meant she had to do more than usual as I was much less useful than usual.

Once again, thank you very much and WRT entries open on Feb 1st :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Nutsnut

Re: Thank you.

Post by Nutsnut »

Thanks to both you and Dee for organising, had a great weekend in mid Wales, survived the ridiculous winds and finished it off with some lovely cake
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thanks Dee :-bd
Al

Post by Al »

Thanks to both of you. Great weekend and great cake :-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

As per the YT&A thread, many thanks to you both.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mrs Burty

Post by Mrs Burty »

Thank you Stuart and Dee for the event tea toast and lovely cake.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Thanks both. As always a brilliant weekend

Apricot &cherry cake :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Yep, thanks from me. The cake kept me going driving home :geek:
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

Yeah, cheers both for your efforts. Have met some new people which is great and had an amazing weekend.
Its a bit odd though, there's a fuzzy bit in my memory from about 24hrs ago where I seem to remember cursing anybody and anything I could think of including myself wondering why I ever signed up for this. Now however, I would enter next year's again in a heartbeat. Odd...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks for organising Stuart and Dee, this is a great annual event to start the year with.

Dee please make that Apricot and Cherry cake for the Welsh Ride Thing, but only keep it in a box hidden away for me please, it was lovely, cheers for the shovel and buff as well.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Thanks for your efforts as always, and for everyone else making this event what it is. :)

Even though the weather usually isn't great, it's great seeing everyone in the new year! I especially enjoy the night at the Star beforehand... even if it's now got to the point that Gareth feels the need to check my hangover status the next day. :lol:

Oh, and I hope you and Dee get over your ailments soon. Nothing worse than being broken. :(
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Yep a big thanks from me for helping make a cracking weekend :-bd
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

This was my first of MANY events. Thank you to everyone who listened to my silly questions and gave me advice. I really enjoyed it. Great route, great people. See you all again!

Allen
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Sounds like another belter!

Pictures and stories look good.

I made do with a late night ride along the ridge of the Malverns with a bivvi just below the Beacon.

I was with you in spirit!

Thanks to Stuart and Dee for creating another opportunity for us to do more of what we love in a fab part of the world.

Si
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Glad I'm finally able to chip in my thanks on one of these threads. Thanks Stu and Dee for the organisation, goodies, tea, toast, cake, and general welcome. My first BB event, and hopefully not the last. Nice to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. I'll post some pics on the appropriate thread forthwith.

Off topic: middleagedmadness - is that Bradley outside Penkridge? I've chuckled at your location before but it's only now, having just got back from a bimble round some bridleways, passing through Bradley, that I realise I may be in the next village - only temporarily though: my girlfriend's parents live here.
HUX

Post by HUX »

Ye thanks guys for a great weekend. Good company, cracking trails and top overnight accomodation :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

Another cracking weekend walking in the mountains of Wales with my bicycle as a normal accompaniment :wink: - even took breakfast and a walk on the pier in the sunshine at Aberdovey on Sunday morning :cool:

Thanks for coming up with the concept and organising another excellent weekend Stu & Dee :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
middleagedmadness

thenorthwind wrote:Glad I'm finally able to chip in my thanks on one of these threads. Thanks Stu and Dee for the organisation, goodies, tea, toast, cake, and general welcome. My first BB event, and hopefully not the last. Nice to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. I'll post some pics on the appropriate thread forthwith.

Off topic: middleagedmadness - is that Bradley outside Penkridge? I've chuckled at your location before but it's only now, having just got back from a bimble round some bridleways, passing through Bradley, that I realise I may be in the next village - only temporarily though: my girlfriend's parents live here.
Not far from penkridge other side of Wolverhampton ,your in a slightly more upper class area old chap ,but if your about next Tuesday or Wednesday I'll meet you over the chase for a bit of a bimble ,( there's not really any bridleway around my Bradley just towpath and gypsies)
Just had a peak on Google maps and that Bradley is definitely way nicer than this little black country hamlet :lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Yeah you see some big houses round here. Apparently this Bradley is pronounced Braid-lee - probably tells you everything you need to know :lol: I'm off back to Newcastle tomorrow, but I'm down here occasionally and usually bring a bike. I've only made it over to Cannock once but would be keen to go back.
middleagedmadness

Let me know when your down and we'll tip over the natural stuff away from the Troy Lee side
paramart

Post by paramart »

thank you both for a great weekend and thanks for my gluten free toast and cake, very much appreciated dee :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

thenorthwind wrote: I've only made it over to Cannock once but would be keen to go back.
Give me a shout too Dave. Always up for a blast round the woods.
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

What a great weekend got to push up some new hills , excellent breakfast in good company and Sunday was a proper trip down memory lane .

Thanks Stu and See for organising the event,, for all the tea toast and cake and also the lovely cooling breeze at the top of every climb !
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

middleagedmadness wrote:Let me know when your down and we'll tip over the natural stuff away from the Troy Lee side
Will do!

Ditto Paul.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

middleagedmadness wrote:
thenorthwind wrote:Glad I'm finally able to chip in my thanks on one of these threads. Thanks Stu and Dee for the organisation, goodies, tea, toast, cake, and general welcome. My first BB event, and hopefully not the last. Nice to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. I'll post some pics on the appropriate thread forthwith.

Not far from penkridge other side of Wolverhampton ,your in a slightly more upper class area old chap ,but if your about next Tuesday or Wednesday I'll meet you over the chase for a bit of a bimble ,( there's not really any bridleway around my Bradley just towpath and gypsies)
Just had a peak on Google maps and that Bradley is definitely way nicer than this little black country hamlet :lol:
I'm Burton manor just down the road
Trying to ride bikes.