Newsletter - New Year edition

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Newsletter - New Year edition

Post by voodoo_simon »

I didn't venture far afield this year, no foreign epics or grand departs, yet I look back and great memories filter into my conscious. Many are the seemingly mundane, everyday happenings of life on the trail but they are snippets of time that'll I'll remember fondly for many years.

This perfectly sums up my year, no grand plan and no great adventures, but plenty of trips out exploring everything (as much as possible) that is local to me :-bd

Nice one Stu :-bd
Jurassic pusher

Re: Newsletter - New Year edition

Post by Jurassic pusher »

voodoo_simon wrote: I didn't venture far afield this year, no foreign epics or grand departs, yet I look back and great memories filter into my conscious. Many are the seemingly mundane, everyday happenings of life on the trail but they are snippets of time that'll I'll remember fondly for many years.

This perfectly sums up my year, no grand plan and no great adventures, but plenty of trips out exploring everything (as much as possible) that is local to me :-bd

Nice one Stu :-bd
I coudn`t agree more, nice yearly sum up and look forward to next year. :-bd
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Not received a newsletter or any other updates for ages. No spam, correct email as i am getting PM's. Any other ideas?
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

PaulB wrote:Not received a newsletter or any other updates for ages. No spam, correct email as i am getting PM's. Any other ideas?
Perhaps you are on the naughty list?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not received a newsletter or any other updates for ages. No spam, correct email as i am getting PM's. Any other ideas?
No ideas sorry. All I can suggest is signing up again ... shame to miss all the wisdom, wit and sarcasm :wink:

http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/contact/
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Glad that struck a chord with some as surprisingly, it caused quite a few unsubscribes but it is the season of good will, so in the words of my late father ......... f*ck 'em :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nice one pal. Another good read!
RIP

Post by RIP »

'quite a few unsubscribes' - :???: Some wierd people around. Wonder what put 'em off.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

As it was my first year to some my year may seem mundane but for me it was a brilliant year even ending up on Scott's lawn for the November bam cause we were to drunk to clear the obstacles to get to the bird hide,and although it may seem self centered I don't really give a feck if others thought it was mundane because I had a great craic and met some great people,it summed up my year pretty well and I too have some great memories so as you say if they unsubscribe f@#k em ,they must have some special life or only do epics like the glossy pictures you see everywhere , anyhow rant over and here's to another great year of living a couple of days a month like a tramp :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd Stu, r u playing out in Wales in 2 weeks.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Yes mate , having a bimble with reg , planning on returning to where you and Scott took me on my first Bivi in Feb if your about ,maybe this time the chapel instead of mincing up a ice coated hill to the top :lol:
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Can't understand why it would cause unsubscribes Stu. Despite what social media tries to force us to believe, life isn't always epic. Indeed most of the time it falls into the mundane. 95% of my riding is commuting. Nothing epic or vaguely exciting there, I can assure you.

One thing I do hold dear though is the band of rag tag two wheeled tramps that make up the Bear Bones Bikepacking crew. Being part of this has done me the world of good.

So I for one, say thank you Stu and Dee for creating BBB. I shall not be unsubscribing!

Si
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Were the unsubscribes related to the contents of the newsletter or were they just coincidence? I've unsubscribed from other newsletters when they've popped into my inbox and it's acted as a reminder that I'm no longer interested in whatever it was, it's not the specific contents of that newsletter.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Were the unsubscribes related to the contents of the newsletter or were they just coincidence? I've unsubscribed from other newsletters when they've popped into my inbox and it's acted as a reminder that I'm no longer interested in whatever it was, it's not the specific contents of that newsletter.
You're right Bob, every newsletter will generate a number of unsubscribes - just that this was more than usual. Actually just as likely to be the time of year as people are setting their stalls out for the coming new year.
paramart

Post by paramart »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Glad that struck a chord with some as surprisingly, it caused quite a few unsubscribes but it is the season of good will, so in the words of my late father ......... f*ck 'em :-bd
am I missing something between the lines here, what was wrong with the news letter always makes a good read and a chuckle to be had keep them coming stu much appreciated by the majority of us :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
landel

Post by landel »

I liked it. Life or bikepacking aren't always sunshine and flowers. Keep your chin up and keep going. Attitude is everything.