Fatfighters 2019 Weigh-in Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Fatfighters 2019 Weigh-in Thread

Post by redefined_cycles »

Gairy.... Hope you get well soon. If it helps, I'm 42 now and at around 28 and years before and after I felt my back was done and slowly leading to becoming a cripple. Worse time hit after moving a Miele washing machine after which I was totally done and could even move from one side to oyher in bed...

I made a few changes in life (and currently 15 or so years on I feel my back is strong as its ever been without even doing any strength exercises as such)..

1. Super firm mattress (we got a Hypnos on offer but even then I have made a lifestyle habit of sleeping on floor - which is another way of me following way of Muhammed PBUH of Islam who we believe to be the perfect role model)... sorry I'm probably gonna keep referencing Mohammed PBUH on this post so anyone find that inappropriate look away now :smile:

2. Around the time of visiting A and E and GP and being given all sorts pain killers. Main one of which was Diazepam and possibly Naproxen which really made me poorly: nowadays the strongest NSAID* I risk is Ibuprofen. So Around that time I was fortunate enough to speak to a herbal doctor type person... The medicine that from that meeting I managed to refine and its like a miracle was...

Warmed (not boiled) milk but making sure its some decent stuff like organic or unpasteurised (substitute for boiled water if you cant be bpthered with the milk).

Throw in a table spoon of decent honey (nothing that states anything other than honey in the ingredients please... staying away from Rowse... ideally something organic and maybe from rawhoneyshop.com if you can afford or the Asdas Bestest if thats where you can get to. Honey is mentioned in the Quran as explained here http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/honey_bees.htm and Muhammed PBUH once said for one of his companions who was poorly/feverish whilst encouraging him to take more honey as he hadnt3been cured woth the amount he'd taken already, "Allahs Quran is telling the truth and the stomach of your brother is lying"...

Throw in a teaspoon of olive oil (the purer the better... look for Fairtrade or Organic oil and try and get - which it will be if fairtrade or organic - cold first press/extra virgin). Again a fruit/herb/food mentioned by Allah in the Quran and by which He takes an oath - reference can be found here http://quranproject.org/The-Fig-the-Oli ... inai-479-d

Also, have you heard of Simvastatin and the likes. The one the pharamcy companies are making a killing from ... It seems Olive oil does a similar job but from herbal form : ie. Gets rid of bad cholesterol but preserves the good (low density lipoprotiens and high density lipoprotiens respectively I believe)... In a nutshell it reduces the risk of brain attack (Stroke) and heart attack etc etc

Lastly (its taken a while I know :-bd :lol: ) add a teaspoon of blackseed oil. Again something mentioned by Mohammed PBUH: “In it there is healing for every disease, except death".... a note on the blackseed oil... try and get the good grade stuff ( this https://www.imanproducts.com/product/bl ... NwQAvD_BwE can usually be found at the local muslim grocers) and pls take it easy. I'd condone half a teaspoon of it as it is strong stuff and can cause bleeding... so if you have any bleeding issues then tread carefully or just dont tread at all :-bd

So to recap that recipe. Warmed milk or boiled water. Add honey table spoon and teaspoon of olive oil and half teaspoon or less (try counting 25 drops) blackseed oil. Gulp it down. Do it for at least 4 to 5 days for its anaesthetic effects to kick in and then continue as long as poss and enjoy the Freedom of Movement ..

I took it for months at a time and whenever felt the pain in lower back retruning would add it in again a few weeks etc...

15 minutes before breakky :-bd
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

NB. This ain't a consultation, all comments are closed, and if its messing up the nature of the thread (it is a bit long with poor grammar and doesn't mention weight and scales once) then I or someone can delete. Just sharing what worked for my glassback and the evidence base I found for the recipe over the years :grin:
gairym

Post by gairym »

Howdy,

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've learnt from your experiences - much appreciated!

I usually try and stay away from 'the drugs' but the last few times I've let them talk me into a combination of stronger nsaid's and muscle relaxants to get me back to a place of functioning again asap so that I can then do things sensibly and more naturally.

Annoyingly I feel that I'm getting better and better in general but just had a bit of bad luck this time round.

Just back from the doctor and it's apparently not a reaction to the medicine but instead is just crappy timing with flu and a throat infection coming on top of my back issues - :-bd
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Good points there @redefined, and Gairy, hope you manage to get sorted soon.
My doc and the hospital tested and xrayed me extensively last year as they thought
I had Rheumatoid arthritis, luckily I only have osteoarthritis, I have a daily cocktail of
( when required) Co-codamol, Naproxen, with omeprazerol to counteract their
Effects on the stomach. I do try to supplement this by taking honey ( best I can afford)
With either cod liver or olive oil and turmeric. I have also experimented with cbd oils
And hemp oils which have both had benefits but I don't think I've found the ideal one yet?
The main issue I have is self discipline, it's easier to get up in a morn and 'pop' my
Prescribed tabs than focus on my daily regime. As previously mentioned in this thread
I've just changed careers and just coming out of the skint phase of swapping jobs so
Having the best health products in has eluded me. I do genuinely feel better though
When I'm 'on' it properly, sorry for the long reply but it's a subject of great personal
Interest :-bd
redefined_cycles

Fat Tyre Kicker... funny you mention the arthritis... one of my buddies (bit older than me and possible around 47 now) years ago stopped cycling as he'd been diagnosed with Arthritis (Osteoarthritsi I think his was)...

I told him of my little concontion but mainly for the anaesthetic/pain relief effects...

About 3 years later I saw him riding again and enquired "thiught you stopped cycling cos of the OA"... He mentioned how he'd taken that little potion for a year or 2 and at some point the doctors said he'd been misdiagnosed (or they retracted their diagnosis as all his signs/symptoms had gone)...

Take from that what you will but I gave the potion a good thumbs up when i heard that :-bd :lol:

Anyways... to get on point:
redefined_cycles

84.5kg this am (inly 2 days late :smile: )
Fat tyre kicker

Redefined....I'm 52 and struggle with OA daily, fully read your links above now
And will give it a whirl when I get paid, with the black seed oil, in what respect
Do you mean about the bleeding ? As in general or when performing toilet functions?
Cheers Ftk.
Fat tyre kicker

P.s.....are you using full fat milk ? I've been trying soya and almond milk
Recently too?
redefined_cycles

Fat tyre kicker wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:28 pm Redefined....I'm 52 and struggle with OA daily, fully read your links above now
And will give it a whirl when I get paid, with the black seed oil, in what respect
Do you mean about the bleeding ? As in general or when performing toilet functions?
Cheers Ftk.
What I found with the black seed oil. I reckon I must have been overdoing iy over the years and sometimes, yup, during toilet functions. Just some gentle bleeding. Hence I concluded it must be thinning the blood a little and then reading various books on Black Seed I realised that its to really be used in drops ideally (its that strong..)...

Milk. Just any decent milk. Never really tried with soya or etc. I'm always generally on the full fat milk or water. I think (from experience and more understanding of it over the years and that it worls either way for the pain relief) the milk is most likely more to do with reducing the "hot" effects of the black seed :smile:

Hope it helps IA (God Willing)
Fat tyre kicker

Cheers Redifined, I'll let you know how it goes :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Oh dear... I may have overdone the weight gain on the weekend. :lol:
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

12/07 70.6 (155.6)
19/07 70.2 (154.8)
25/07 70.1 (154.5)

Had beer and ice cream last night so a loss was a pleasant surprise
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

04/01/19 - 70.0kg
---
19/07/19 - 67.8kg (+0.8kg)
26/07/19 - 68.6kg (+1.0kg)

Target: +0.4kg to +0.8kg a week (for bone repair).

Crap... screwed that up. Definitely getting fat now. =/
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hello Fatfighters -
Ive now rested and repaired after the Highland Trail and had holiday doing sweet FA. Im back to being slow, fat and unfit.
Srtarting to get back on it

Electronic Scales (reading 1.0kg lower)
04/01/19 86.9kg
22/01/19 84.9kg
25/01/19 85.8kg
03/02/19 86.3kg
06/02/19 85.9kg
15/02/19 86.6kg
21/02/19 85.5kg
28/02/19 86.3kg
09/03/19 86.1kg

Back to old scales
08/04/19 87.0kg*

6/8/19 88.3kg Phew - Could have been worse :lol:
2924 miles per Gallon
gairym

Post by gairym »

Good effort, nice to have you back onboard.

I've been slack as hell of late so no idea what the scales of doom are saying :shock:

I'll get back on 'em Thursday as I'm off early Friday morning to those grey shores most of you call home for a stag do in my old stomping ground of Sheffield - that should help my waistline :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

19/07 70.2 (154.8)
25/07 70.1 (154.5)
09/08 69.8 (153.9)

Below 70kg again
Fat tyre kicker

16st 10 or 106kg so going down :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

10/08 157 / 71.2

Steady as she goes cap'n.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

16/08 156.6 71.0
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

25/07 70.1 (154.5)
09/08 69.8 (153.9)
16/08 69.5 (153.2)

Steady progress
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

04/01/19 - 70.0kg
---
26/07/19 - 68.6kg (+1.0kg)
16/08/19 - 71.5kg (+2.9kg / ~1.0kg a week)

Went on holiday and overdid it a bit. I'm going to tone down the gain for a couple of weeks.
Fat tyre kicker

16st 8 :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

09/08 69.8 (153.9)
16/08 69.5 (153.2)
23/08 69.0 (152.1)

I didn't think I ate that well this week but I've been able to run 3 times. Hopefully I'll be able to get out on the bike over the next few days.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Howdy all!

Not only have I been blimmin' useless with regards to all things do to with eating and drinking but.....unforgivably I've not been keeping up with this thread for the last week or two.

Currently in the UK for a wedding and so I'll get back on it when I get home mid next week.

Much weight to shed!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

04/01/19 - 70.0kg
---
16/08/19 - 71.5kg (+2.9kg / ~1.0kg a week over last 3 weeks)
23/08/19 - 71.8kg (+0.3kg)

Going to be really hard to get any sort of good habits back. Don't think the mental side of things is helping (pretty depressed about the whole situation at the mo).