Was Santie good to you?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Moder-dye

Was Santie good to you?

Post by Moder-dye »

I must have been a bad boy as I came down with the first sore throat and cold in ages through the night :cry:

But he did bring me a new multitool, bamboo socks and T-shirt, hiking socks and a swimming float bag.

I also got a selection box thing of those posh pork scratchings with a jar of them. I do like pork scratchings, even posh ones.

Now off to make a black pudding and bacon buttie for breakfast :-bd

Happy Christmas everyone, even if you're a bit of a bah humbugger :wink:

Edit: just remembered I got a pair of sus forks in the black Friday sales, forgot as just after I fitted them I got my cycling and exercise ban from the cardiologist :lol:
JohnClimber

Re: Was Santie good to you?

Post by JohnClimber »

The wife re-wrapped the Bear Bones 2019 calendar for me (she didn't even pay for it herself) :roll:

Plus £150 in used notes to go towards a pack rafting dry suit :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

....I got a hangover!
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Got a new PB at Pomphrey Hill Parkrun
That was a nice surprise
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I got a pair of shoes .... but they're both left feet.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I got a pair of shoes .... but they're both left feet.
nicked?
gairym

Post by gairym »

I got a single solitary gift this morning.

It was a Terry's Chocolate Orange that my wife had previously given to me in October but never actually handed over and so it became my Christmas gift. :shock:

I got her a really nice new headtorch for ski touring and handmade her a hanging glass terrarium with a walnut and steel frame.

I've already told her that my big trip for next year will be AT LEAST one day longer now due to the increased brownie points I've earned - seems fair enough to me. :-bd

Here is said terrarium:

Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

A blissfully quiet and traffic free sunrise tour of god's country my old stomping ground. With a huge full moon followed by a spectacular sunrise.

Got a new whisky glass from my folks

And new rigger boots Nd work shirt from the good lady.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I did make Dee a bow for Christmas. Hazel cut from Ceulan then I poured a bit of love and time into it.

gairym

Post by gairym »

She'll never tyre of looking at that Stu, tis a thing of beauty!
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I did make Dee a bow for Christmas. Hazel cut from Ceulan then I poured a bit of love and time into it.

You got it finished then stu ?
Just the bathroom now :wink:
Trying to ride bikes.
paramart

Post by paramart »

some dry bags which I actually needed :shock: + money for my heated motorbike grips :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Got some nice stuff - Highlight being an hour in a Vulcan simulator.

Amongst the gifts I got Mrs Mac (Shari) was my reworking of "My Cherie Amour" by Stevie Wonder to "My Shari Amour" with yours truly providing the vocals. After twenty five takes, I realised it was never going to sound any good and so made it as cheesey as possible. Played it to her in front of the family to much horror and mirth.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

I got 3 seats to myself all the way from Manchester to Brisbane on the plane. Getting a bed like that in cattle class is a gift not to be sneezed at.

Greetz

S.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Bouldering stuff, so new bouldering mat, chalk bag and chalk , CAC woolly hat :-bd Will look quite the pro in the crags... :lol: or the noob :grin:

Also got a Crikey, how much mug, so looking forward to having my coffee in that before work
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

In addition to Jolly Ol' Saint Nick, I had a visit from the Birthday Fairy.
Between them, they delivered: a new danglemug, a t shirt with a picture of a tent and the slogan "Liberté" on it, an Apidura seatpack, a copy of Sidetracked journal, and a variety of fortifying beverages to fill my flask.
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

I got a nice Czech seat bag from the mrs and BobCatMax jnr via Piotr on here, thank you for that, it seems like a well made bit of kit.

I got Longer Rides by Jo Burt which has lots of his beautiful illustrations in it as well plenty of anecdotes, tales and tips

A wee bit of cash and the usual socks. Was hoping for some more pennies as I had a budget SSCX build in mind for the new year but that looks like it might be on hold 'til I can shift some of the stuff I'm not using anymore.

Merry Christmas Boners
Image Image
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

This Christmas was the same all the others for the last 20 years, wifey had her family over. If I liked camping in the cold I'd have gone on a three day ride. The only bit worth mentioning is that her 23 year old waste of space, fat, useless nephew wasn't off his face on drugs this year. Her sister was glued to her phone as usual and spent most of the time at dinner texting her new boyfriend. I did my usual duty entertaining her elderly relatives while she got some kip in the other room having wedged herself on a small bit of the sofa the nephew wasn't lying on while her sister was still sitting in the dining room texting.

Santa wasn't much use either. Wifey bought me a veggie cookbook she wanted, my sister gave me a book on global politics that's already gone to the phone box library opposite. I usually buy myself some stuff but there isn't really anything I need at the moment.

She's invited her sister and a couple of mates round for New Year. I'm wondering where I can go to escape.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I received some interesting thoughtful outdoorsy kit from TheWomanICurrentlyReferToAsMyGirlfriend. This included: a wooly hat with a built in LED light, just the thing to save me scratching about under the tarp for a headlamp when nature calls at 2am. A set of Snow Peak Hotlips silicon things that clip onto your mug and stop your lips from burning. And a bow drill fire starter that will never see service in the woods, but is oddly fun to use. I gave her a new alarm clock .... last of the great romantics, me.
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

She's invited her sister and a couple of mates round for New Year. I'm wondering where I can go to escape.
Stop feeling so obliged, it obviously makes you miserable. Just pack your gear and head out from the door, follow your nose and see where you end up.
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

Jesus @Pirahna, next year get a warmer sleeping bag so the cold isn't so noticeable.

Genuinely wishing you a happier new year!
Image Image
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Santa dispatched us to Mallorca again for a week of bike riding in the winter sun. :wink:
Scud

Post by Scud »

Some times you could really go off the Clan Pips.....

I thankfully got two merino Alpkit cycle jerseys and a £50 voucher, along with a few good outdoor books, but i did myself a new to me packraft and a new Exposure Strada light with a remote switch for commuting duties...