New Years Eve

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Loki

New Years Eve

Post by Loki »

Anyone else out this NYE? I have a leave pass from the home office, I am tempted to go for it. I did it a few years ago, solo, apart from being really cold n damp it was a top night out.
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com
Dave Barter

Re: New Years Eve

Post by Dave Barter »

Yep Helen and I are on year 3 of our annual coast path walking bivy NYE
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Just packing for the Christmas/NY shitstorm. Set off tomorrow 7am for Barca(Catalan Independence protests permitting) fly to Manchester, hire car, meet up with boys in Hope (cheeky Alpkit visit inc) Sunday drive down to Bridgwater to see friend and onto Newquay Christmas Eve to see MIL. Christmas Day with MIL and other nonagenarians,hooray. Boxing Day back north via Premier Inn Tewkesbury, double hooray. 28th with father, more nonagenarians in Stafford, triple hooray, 29th back to Barca for 10th wedding aniversary in eyewatering hotel. 30th mooch round Barca then back home, 31st NYE mountain run and 27 course dinner with 12 grapes at midnight, cue scenes of Monseur Mange Tour in Monty Python and the Meaning of Life! New Years Day compose fat fighters post on here.
Can't wait :o
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

pistonbroke wrote:Just packing for the Christmas/NY shitstorm. Set off tomorrow 7am for Barca(Catalan Independence protests permitting) fly to Manchester, hire car, meet up with boys in Hope (cheeky Alpkit visit inc) Sunday drive down to Bridgwater to see friend and onto Newquay Christmas Eve to see MIL. Christmas Day with MIL and other nonagenarians,hooray. Boxing Day back north via Premier Inn Tewkesbury, double hooray. 28th with father, more nonagenarians in Stafford, triple hooray, 29th back to Barca for 10th wedding aniversary in eyewatering hotel. 30th mooch round Barca then back home, 31st NYE mountain run and 27 course dinner with 12 grapes at midnight, cue scenes of Monseur Mange Tour in Monty Python and the Meaning of Life! New Years Day compose fat fighters post on here.
Right barrel of laughs at Christmas or are you this grumpy all year round?
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

pistonbroke wrote:Just packing for the Christmas/NY shitstorm. Set off tomorrow 7am for Barca(Catalan Independence protests permitting) fly to Manchester, hire car, meet up with boys in Hope (cheeky Alpkit visit inc) Sunday drive down to Bridgwater to see friend and onto Newquay Christmas Eve to see MIL. Christmas Day with MIL and other nonagenarians,hooray. Boxing Day back north via Premier Inn Tewkesbury, double hooray. 28th with father, more nonagenarians in Stafford, triple hooray, 29th back to Barca for 10th wedding aniversary in eyewatering hotel. 30th mooch round Barca then back home, 31st NYE mountain run and 27 course dinner with 12 grapes at midnight, cue scenes of Monseur Mange Tour in Monty Python and the Meaning of Life! New Years Day compose fat fighters post on here.
I presume it would be frowned upon if you tried to escape for a quick ride while in Stafford? :grin:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Right barrel of laughs at Christmas or are you this grumpy all year round?
Quite a happy chap really.
1 down 8 to go https://imgur.com/gallery/A1lFBt4
Paul, I'd love to get out but having a bag the size of a matchbox means no kit. I'd also be wearing my testicles as earrings if I left MrsPB alone with my father for any length of time.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I am actively considering an overnight somewhere on my own. A couple of bereavements this year has meant I’m not really in the right place for fake sincerity and drunkenness, so riding my bike when there’s nobody else around feels like a better option.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

^^^ hope next year is better for you

Not bivvyed but often ride the local hill/high point. It is a nice place to watch the fireworks go off - then again it has big views to the coast and their are a few built up places

I like the way that people are either
1) unable to work out exactly when NY begins
2) too pissed to remember to do it and then do it after they see other fireworks
robert

Post by robert »

In 2015 I took advantage of my wife being at work and the children being far away to spend NYE on my favorite pass :)

http://cathie.charbonnier.free.fr/piwig ... tegory/100
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Lazarus wrote:^^^ hope next year is better for you
Thanks. Quiet reflection is the order of the day I think, although turning up at a bothy at 11:30 could be a hoot.