Aah bollocks.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Aah bollocks.

Post by RIP »

Well that's ace to hear Rich, obviously :-bd . Should've saved it for Cheery Friday :smile: . Must be a strange feeling to be back in action again. Guess you're going to be feeling your way a bit with it though still? Or is it green light and away you go? Look forward to seeing you in 'silly September'. Don't bin the ebike - it's a good excuse to stay in the pub longer to charge it, cos we always need excuses...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Pickers wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm .......

There never was much speed in my bike riding and that won't change at all.
fantastic news all round! :-bd but the above is blatantly untrue :lol:

super chuffed for you rich :grin:
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Twas never the speed that impressed me, but the implacable hill climbing. Rich has this fascinating way of climbing at exactly his pre-set rate all the way up, no matter any change in gradient or ground surface, and all without making any upper-body movement whatsoever, apart from frequent grins as I take the piss. It's seriously impressive to behold. Compare this to Reg's 'technique' which just resembles an octopus flailing along on a tricycle with no air in the tyres.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Aye, rich is the terminator of the climbing world, no rushing just interminable onwards progress. The ebike just helped this, in the black mountains I was shocked at how this calm steady approach kept traction and climbed stuff which just had me spinning out.
Great news rich :-bd when are we going out then?
Currently in north Devon again, sadly without the bike this time, I have made the family trek to the source of the river Exe however (lad has homework about rivers) itching to get out, should have a pass due to upcoming 50th birthday...let’s put the band back together :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Great news Rich. You can’t have your old Brompton back, I’m afraid. It gets ridden more than my other bikes combined. Be great to see ya back in the saddle.
I'm just going outside ...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thats excellent news Pickers!