Hello from cornwall

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

hooja

Hello from cornwall

Post by hooja »

Couldn’t find an intro thread/sticky, so thought I’d just create a post to say owdo.
Very happy to have found this forum, looks great!
I’m down in Cornwall, so would love to hear from any other south westers and any good routes.
I mainly run ultras and silly multi day mountain routes but have also ridden bikes at varying levels of seriousness, since the mid 90’s.
I stupidly sold my Fargo last year and have mainly been riding my road bike since (which is always frustrating when you see interesting tracks you can’t go down)
I am pretty keen to start doing some ultra distance rides, I’d like to work my way though the ITT routes and due to my (slightly) competitive nature, I’m looking at a few races too, like the Reiver etc.
Just building up a fearless vulture, which should be done, once my wheels finally turn up (and I find a sram force rear mech at a sensible price)
Thanks for having me...
Rasta

Re: Hello from cornwall

Post by Rasta »

:-bd
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Hi
Yes I too am from Cornwall.
Although I am currently living in Brittany.
I can recommend the Dorset gravel dash, dirty river, hell of the north Cotswolds.
Quite fancy the grinduro as well.
Recently rode my own route from carbis bay to Plymouth via Bodmin moor, quite a bit of road but small wiggly ones.
Cracking view from minions on Bodmin moor across Dartmoor.
Grubby little urchin.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Hi and welcome, well worth also looking at the Flanrou events up in Somerset and the surrounding areas, let me know if you are up this way. :-bd
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com