Highland Trail 2019

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Post Reply
User avatar
Karl
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 pm
Location: Northern Peak District
Contact:

Highland Trail 2019

Post by Karl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:39 am

Alan is accepting requests for next years event from today! Who's asking for an invite?

http://www.highlandtrail.net

User avatar
FLV
Posts: 2727
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Northern Edge of the Peak - Mostly

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by FLV » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:03 am

Not me this year. I'll go back at some point but not this time.

Are you going for it Karl?

User avatar
Karl
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 pm
Location: Northern Peak District
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Karl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:08 am

If Alan will have me. I've got unfinished business from last year.

Good to see you back out Dave!

User avatar
whitestone
Posts: 5150
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Skipton(ish)
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by whitestone » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:23 am

Not me this time, I'll be dot watching. :grin:
Image

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Mike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:28 am

:-bd sent me email this morning

User avatar
sean_iow
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by sean_iow » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am

I drafted my email earlier in the week and sent it first thing this morning. Assuming I get in that's me committed to another winter of training in all weather's :roll:

I suppose if I do get a place it's justification to buy some new winter riding boots :wink:
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now

User avatar
Moder-dye
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: Shetland
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Moder-dye » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:34 am

Me and a friend are hoping for 2020 for our 50th though not sure if we'll go for the group start. Good luck :-bd

slarge
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by slarge » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 am

Sent my email to Alsn this morning also.

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 16550
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:54 am

Sent my email to Alsn this morning also.
Am I getting confused?

Image
Always be yourself unless you can be a pirate. In that case, always be a pirate

Landslide
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Landslide » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 am

Blimey. As if the distance, climbing, unreliable water sources, and potential for inclement weather wasn't enough, they're adding lions into the mix?

User avatar
Richard G
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South Wales

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Richard G » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:04 pm

How do you go about entering?

Just send an email asking, or is there more to it? I ask because of the "drafted an email" thing.

User avatar
htrider
Posts: 2345
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Fife
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by htrider » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:08 pm

I just wrote something like 'Hi Alan, any chance of a place on the group start next year?'
But if you haven't done it before you have to include stuff about previous ITT's you've done. There are previous threads about qualifying rides etc....

ianpv
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by ianpv » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I just sent in my request, after a pretty easy year last year (only did torino-nice in terms of events).

Ian

User avatar
Zippy
Posts: 2913
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Zippy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 pm

One day....not this coming year (well not group start this coming year anyway)

User avatar
whitestone
Posts: 5150
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Skipton(ish)
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by whitestone » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Richard G wrote:How do you go about entering?

Just send an email asking, or is there more to it? I ask because of the "drafted an email" thing.
Send an email to Alan. Helps him if you include links to your Strava activities like the BB200/300, etc. obviously the more recent the better, something from this year is more relevant than the same ride from five years ago

BB300 2018 <Strava link >
Etc
Image

Lazarus
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Lazarus » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:55 pm

It’s NOW just over 5 weeks until I will start taking requests for places on the 2017 group start. Still not too late to get a qualifying ride in!
These include Lakeland 200, Cairngorms Loop and Yorkshire Dales 300. All should have been completed inside the time limits. I’ll also accept the northern or middle loop of the HT550. The main reason for having these “qualifiers” is for you to know what you are getting into and the best way is to have done large parts of the route itself. GPX files/links to Strava activities accepted as “proof”.
Finishers from the last three editions (since HT became 550 miles) will have a guaranteed place. An ITT finish also assures you of a place. This year I will take up to 60 names again and expect 40-50 to make the start line come May 27th. I’ll keep 10 places for women but won’t limit it to that should there be more female applicants. Also a minimum of 10 places will be for overseas riders, who should have experience of tough bikepacking routes/races where they are from.
The route for 2017 will be almost identical to this year. No E-bikes in the group start please!
I doubt it has changed but i dont know

I aim to do it 2020 and do two of those this year

User avatar
Zippy
Posts: 2913
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Zippy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Lazarus wrote:
It’s NOW just over 5 weeks until I will start taking requests for places on the 2017 group start. Still not too late to get a qualifying ride in!
These include Lakeland 200, Cairngorms Loop and Yorkshire Dales 300. All should have been completed inside the time limits. I’ll also accept the northern or middle loop of the HT550. The main reason for having these “qualifiers” is for you to know what you are getting into and the best way is to have done large parts of the route itself. GPX files/links to Strava activities accepted as “proof”.
Finishers from the last three editions (since HT became 550 miles) will have a guaranteed place. An ITT finish also assures you of a place. This year I will take up to 60 names again and expect 40-50 to make the start line come May 27th. I’ll keep 10 places for women but won’t limit it to that should there be more female applicants. Also a minimum of 10 places will be for overseas riders, who should have experience of tough bikepacking routes/races where they are from.
The route for 2017 will be almost identical to this year. No E-bikes in the group start please!
I doubt it has changed but i dont know
I thought i read Cairngorm Loop was out...

Alpinum
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Alpinum » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Landslide wrote:Blimey. As if the distance, climbing, unreliable water sources, and potential for inclement weather wasn't enough, they're adding lions into the mix?
The lions are there to keep the cows off the riders.

User avatar
Karl
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 pm
Location: Northern Peak District
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Karl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Alpinum wrote: The lions are there to keep the cows off the riders.
Hail the lions protectors of me! I'm married to Cat and she sometimes looks like that lion in the morning. Don't tell her I said that!

User avatar
Mart
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Oot 'n' aboot

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Mart » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Karl wrote:Alan is accepting requests for next years event from today! Who's asking for an invite?

http://www.highlandtrail.net
You will have to get a Mooove on :cool:
2924 miles per Gallon

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by ScotRoutes » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Zippy wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
It’s NOW just over 5 weeks until I will start taking requests for places on the 2017 group start. Still not too late to get a qualifying ride in!
These include Lakeland 200, Cairngorms Loop and Yorkshire Dales 300. All should have been completed inside the time limits. I’ll also accept the northern or middle loop of the HT550. The main reason for having these “qualifiers” is for you to know what you are getting into and the best way is to have done large parts of the route itself. GPX files/links to Strava activities accepted as “proof”.
Finishers from the last three editions (since HT became 550 miles) will have a guaranteed place. An ITT finish also assures you of a place. This year I will take up to 60 names again and expect 40-50 to make the start line come May 27th. I’ll keep 10 places for women but won’t limit it to that should there be more female applicants. Also a minimum of 10 places will be for overseas riders, who should have experience of tough bikepacking routes/races where they are from.
The route for 2017 will be almost identical to this year. No E-bikes in the group start please!
I doubt it has changed but i dont know
I thought i read Cairngorm Loop was out...
Why would that be - too easy?

User avatar
Richard G
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South Wales

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Richard G » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Crap, didn't know I should include Strava stuff. I guess I'll have to annoy him with another email.

User avatar
whitestone
Posts: 5150
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Skipton(ish)
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by whitestone » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Richard G wrote:Crap, didn't know I should include Strava stuff. I guess I'll have to annoy him with another email.
Rich, look at it from Alan's perspective: in the next few days he'll get fifty or sixty emails with people saying "I did x, y & z in 2018". With that info he's got to find the event and then find the results to verify that what the person saying is true, that's a lot of work. Remember that for the BB200/300 there are no "results" anyway. Strava/Trackleader links just mean he can click on the link and go "yes, they did that".
Image

AlasdairMc
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by AlasdairMc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:55 pm

I’ve sent my email too. A mate is coming over from the US for this and he’s also in. Let the training begin...

User avatar
Richard G
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South Wales

Re: Highland Trail 2019

Post by Richard G » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 am

whitestone wrote:
Richard G wrote:Crap, didn't know I should include Strava stuff. I guess I'll have to annoy him with another email.
Rich, look at it from Alan's perspective: in the next few days he'll get fifty or sixty emails with people saying "I did x, y & z in 2018". With that info he's got to find the event and then find the results to verify that what the person saying is true, that's a lot of work. Remember that for the BB200/300 there are no "results" anyway. Strava/Trackleader links just mean he can click on the link and go "yes, they did that".
I get it, there's just nothing on the site (that I could find) so I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. :|

Post Reply