Fancy Spring in Cataluña?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

pistonbroke

Fancy Spring in Cataluña?

Post by pistonbroke »

To get the elephant in the room out of the way, with Stuart's permission, I'm advertising our B&B-Cycling business for which we charge.
We live in a Catalan Finca surrounded by olive groves and 2-3,000 ft mountains. A year ago we applied for a licence to run a B&B business from our 3 berth self contained flat which had previously been home to visiting family,friends and passing riding goddesses.
Visitors to our Catalan Finca https://i ... lery/ErDWz
We have recently received the go-ahead to do this officially.
We are located 15km from the Mediterranean on the Costa Daurada, the nearest airport being Reus, Tarragona, 40 minutes to the North. We can offer self catering or B&B and have mountain, gravel and road bikes for hire in a full range of sizes. I have also spent the 3 years since we moved here researching the best routes in what is a very beautiful and unspoilt area so can offer accompanied rides.
There are a number of long distance, multi-day routes nearby which are perfect for bikepacking as well as individual days out.
This gives a flavour of the area https://youtu.be/0ANZI_XcJx4
There are also loads of activities for non-biking partners, from the white knuckle rides of Port Aventura to secluded sandy beaches and watersports.
Flights to Reus are operated by Easyjet, Ryanair,Tui and Thomas Cook from Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, E Midlands and several London airports and sub €100 return is normal even at Easter. We can offer dates from the last week of March through to July and can tailor your holiday to suit.
PM me for specifics and prices if you fancy it.
Richard G

Re: Fancy Spring in Cataluña?

Post by Richard G »

I can vouch for the area. Just stunning.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

I've stayed here and thoroughly recommend. Duncan and Trish, their home and the area are great.
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

I joined Duncan on his Tarragona/Bilbao C2C earlier this year, and previously stayed in the area for a roadie holiday. I think it's a perfect base for a gravel, XC/CX or road cycling holiday
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Thanks for the kind words chaps, it's strange that the area is little known outside Spain. Perhaps it has suffered from poor flight connections but that's set to change with the new routes starting next spring. There's a road Gran Fondo event that starts right by the airport in Reus that attracts 8,000 riders every year and a 100km mountainbike version that 2,000 riders did when we rode it 2 years ago.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Flights to Reus in April-June are on sale atm, should be possible to get a return for under £80 from several UK airports inc Manchester and Stanstead. Don't worry about bringing a bike, we've got plenty. :-bd
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

First signs of Spring with blossom on some of our almond trees, we get white then pink about a fortnight later. Daytime temps just edging into the teens .