TMS (aka Exposure Diablo weirdness)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AlasdairMc

TMS (aka Exposure Diablo weirdness)

Post by AlasdairMc »

I was out on Saturday with my Diablo in 24hr mode, and managed to drop from 55% down to 10% (solid amber to flashing red) in about 2 hours. This was not a good thing, as I was on trackless moor, with an 8 mile road ride awaiting me at the end. I get the feeling that the light needs to go back to Exposure for a repair as this really isn't acceptable.

Anyway, the TMS bit. On my house keys I carry a Nitecore TIP, which is a keychain flashlight that outputs up to 360 lumens. Running it in the 45 lumen mode, I was able to walk/push/ride off the hill and back onto the road. It's a truly excellent piece of kit, very lightweight but good enough to use for more than just opening doors and so on. I'd highly recommend it.

Lastly, as this is a bikepacking site, I had emergency bivi kit so could have kipped out, and I also found another bothy so could have been almost comfortable...
dlovett

Re: TMS (aka Exposure Diablo weirdness)

Post by dlovett »

Was you Diablo in 24 hut mode? Mine has a habit of resetting itself to the full power mode in between charges. It’s caught me out twice now. I always check the mode at the start of a ride to make sure now.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Had very similar problems with my Diablo Mk6 over the last couple of years, and it's now completely unreliable, despite not many charge cycles. Hopefully Exposure will fix it (still waiting for them to reply to my email), otherwise it goes in the bin.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Email service@ or matt.g@use.group I have mangled my revo output (again!) due to incompetence.

I had a same day reply from Matt and it’s now with them for a fix. Have always found exposure to be great the few times I’ve needed support from them.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Similar with my Diablo. It has been back and appears to be ok now.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

GregMay wrote:Similar with my Diablo. It has been back and appears to be ok now.
Thanks all. I'll try running it from full in a known setting and see how it lasts, but then probably send it back.

It did manage to go from full (solid green) to flashing green (85%) in about five minutes of use. Odd...
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

With some of the newer exposure stuff you can ‘reset’ the battery by leaving it on charge for 12 hours after it says it’s fully charged.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Right on cue for the BB300 i plugged my Joystick in to charge and all I get is a dimly flasing red light on the back. Looks like the Highland Trail fecked that as well.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Dave Barter wrote:Right on cue for the BB300 i plugged my Joystick in to charge and all I get is a dimly flasing red light on the back. Looks like the Highland Trail fecked that as well.
My Diablo has been charging for 8 hours now and it hasn't gone past a flashing green light. Hmm.

Bit concerned about it not having enough charge to get through the night.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richard G wrote:
Dave Barter wrote:Right on cue for the BB300 i plugged my Joystick in to charge and all I get is a dimly flasing red light on the back. Looks like the Highland Trail fecked that as well.
My Diablo has been charging for 8 hours now and it hasn't gone past a flashing green light. Hmm.

Bit concerned about it not having enough charge to get through the night.
Leave it plugged in till you have to leave and then plug it n during the drive. As per the other recommendations, I'm taking a usb pack for it incase it runs out.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

What colour is the light on the charger?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Red
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Spurred on by the OP I got my Diablo Mk8 and Joystick 10 out of the cupboard.
Diablo flat from last charge about two months ago Joystick fine ditto last charge.
Charged the Diablo fully and switched it on last night in what I thought was mode 1 on pmg 3 which should give 3 hours and battery ran out in 1 hour and five.
I didnt check the pgm though so it is back on charge and I will reset the pgm and try again. If it had defaulted to mode 1 on pgm 1 that would give one hour but I seem to remember it gave up on BB200 last year so just used the Joystick and head torch.

My Diablo has the date 29/07/16 on the official box label with another label stuck over the top 12/09/17 with an EV serial number.
That could be Evans and it was half price in a sale last year.

Ian - the mat.g email is that Exposure or someone who fixes things?
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Matt is the service guy at exposure.

He seems to answer the emails to service@ too :-bd